Monday, February 21, 2011

Mr. Golden Sun

What a gift to have 70 degree weather in the middle of February (much unlike last year). On Thursday and Friday it was so gorgeous. I don’t think I have ever craved the spring more in my life. I know we aren’t quite out of the woods as far as cold weather goes, but we’ll take any nice day we can get. We tried to take full advantage of the wonderful weather, which I’ll get to in a second.

I first have to say that we were again very sad to have to say goodbye to Mom and Dad on Tuesday. Mom had been here for almost a month. She always gives so much time, energy, and love  to be here with us. I think because she had twins of her own, she could easily sense the desperation in my voice when I truly needed help (and I don’t like to ask for it very often, so I must’ve really needed it). When the kids and I were terribly sick, she didn’t even hesitate to change her ticket to join the house of RSV. I felt a huge load lifted from the moment she arrived. We are all better now, and though we don’t have the same needs than when we were sick, we still miss her terribly. I just love my mom. And dad too! He also was the greatest of help. I miss you both. And so do the kids. Here they are all saying goodbye as they drove away.053

I was more than happy to break out their spring wear this week. It’s no question that the warmer months are more convenient when kids are involved. They are such cute little summer babies, with their chubby arms and legs more exposed. 030019018

And everyone loves the new car seat situation, especially when we have more places to go.032035037

We met up with some friends to walk around the lake. There was no question that the kids missed the fresh air and sunshine as well. They seemed so relaxed while they enjoyed their surroundings. And I’m sure they liked seeing a lot of friends again.040042

When we went to the park, I decided since the kids can walk now I shouldn’t have to make three trips back and forth to the car to carry them to the swings. But just because they can walk, doesn’t mean they will. I practically dragged them across the street as they tried to grab any interesting looking object from the road. I look so much like a mom in these pictures that is weirds me out (in a good way, of course). Must be my choice of shoes mixed with the hand-holding. And my mini van in the back doesn’t hurt either. DSC00918DSC00919

So it’s not as warm now as it used to be, but those couple days really gave me what I needed to push through the rest of the winter. It will be worth it! Of course, then we have the unbearable summer to survive. Oh well. We’ll cross that bridge when we come to it.

7 comments:

Janice said...

Oh they look so grown up in their shoes, sunglasses, and hats. I love the new photos. This post made my day as I sit and wait and wait for my plane to depart. Thanks!
and thanks to DIA for free wifi.

Janice Graham said...

How sweet. Sure miss everybody. Glad you had some warm days. Phew.

Drew said...

They are getting SO big. When shall I hold their chubby bodies again?? I'm sure the warmer weather is great for mommies with little babies.

Unknown said...

Love the summer outfits! We have had a few nice days here and it's made me so excited for spring and summer...hopefully you guys can have a few more to hold you over until spring :)

Amber said...

They are so cute. I also love the picture with you and they are in the stroller. Good looking crew!

Sarah said...

Loved our warm days. Glad you got to get out to the park - I am sure those cute chubbies loved it!

Cami said...

Oh, I was missing MD SO much this week thinking about those nice springy days in the middle of winter when we'd rush off to the park next door. Sad. You DO look like a mommy! Nice job.