Thursday, February 17, 2011

A LOVEly weekend.

We celebrated Valentine’s Day all weekend.

It started on Friday when we went to our Stake Valentine’s dance. We enjoyed lots of chocolate, a few dances (we weren’t among the group that could actually dance), and then had a great time with some friends in the primary/game room playing a few rounds of Bananagrams and Boggle. Ah, stake dances remind me of my younger days. 248

Uncle Jonny also came to to town for the conference my parents were going to. The kids weren’t shy in the least. I think Ruby followed him wherever he went. He said goodbye on Saturday where I’m sure he was tackled again by Juju, Gabe, and Melody. We missed them like crazy.003

On Sunday, Mom, Dad, and I went to an hour of church to hear Elise and another speaker give great talks on marriage. How appropriate. Then we swapped with KC and played with babies.078

079

A099

I found out that she really loves to be naked.106

B061

KC and I planned a night away while my mom and dad were here, willing to babysit. But Learning there was a lovely indoor pool, I couldn’t resist the opportunity to take the kids to play for a while after we checked in. They were in absolute heaven. They have been so deprived of the outside world, so I think they were especially giddy. I might have been having just as much fun myself as I watched their faces light up with so much joy.

B174

169

A148

We said goodbye to everyone, and enjoyed a much-needed night away from it all. We pretty much ate chocolate for dinner, which no one complained about. 206

I dropped KC off at work, and was greeted at home by some very happy faces. The wonderful thing about getting away is that you get some time off, and then you miss your kids so much that you are excited to come home too. I wasn’t able to make my few-years-running traditional breakfast for the kids, but they’ll probably enjoy it more next year anyway. It was a gorgeous day, and we spent a good portion of it outdoors. Just like the pool, the park made the babies very happy.

011For the most part.016

He does walk, he just wanted to be closer to the bark so that it was easier to pick up and put in his mouth.024029026

Elise and Jeff had a V-Day date planned, so we decided to hit the town with Mom and Dad. We indulged in a truly delicious Lebanese feast. 035036

That was quite the celebratory weekend. Too much chocolate, though. I don’t think I’ll let myself hit the candy clearances this year.

7 comments:

Drew said...

I love your updates so much, and all the pictures and stories you post, since we haven't seen you in such a while. What fun times you are having! We're celebrating Valentine's Day in full force this weekend too. I was determined to make it last all week.

Unknown said...

I love the pictures of the sweet babies swimming. They loved it! I'm so glad you got some time alone with Kc. You deserve some time alone!

Janice said...

Thanks so much for sharing these moments you capture in photos. I love seeing their sweet faces. It looks like they had a blast at the pool.

Tracie Frost said...

Oh how I miss that park. It is seriously my favorite park of all time. Cheverly is such an awesome little town.

And there's nothing like a nice winter swim! Glad the kiddos got to play!

melody said...

Your skirt is so cute, the babies are huge and funny in the pool, and Jonny is so handsome. Great post all around!

Janice Graham said...

That one of Alex and the stick is a classic. Dad really loved that Lebanese. Yes, the pool was a great success. You picked some good photos. Thanks.

Cami said...

Very fun. V-day on Monday makes for a long holiday weekend for sure! I'm still recovering (pounds wise) from it. Looks fun and delish. And Ruby's wearing her bikini! YAY! Jane and Juju wore theirs the other day and Jane said it was "so, booful."