Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Do you Instagram?

So, I’ve never been much of a Facebooker. I think I’ve updated my status a total of three times, to thank people for their happy birthday wishes, and to say that I was pregnant with triplets. I have added pictures here and there, have enjoyed using it as a resource to get in touch with people, or to share events/good deals, etc., but that’s about the extent of it. I’ve always been more of a blog girl (I just looked at my first post, and it was exactly 6 years ago this week!) Sometimes I feel out of touch when these new types of social media surface. Being in my little mommy bubble, I rarely hear about anything new (KC tries to keep me up to date), and when I do understand exactly what they are, I just try to ignore them until they fizzle out. I figure, whatever is still around when I decide to give in, must be worth a shot. I never cared much for Twitter, and I’ve tried Spotify a couple times, only to get ride of it a couple days later. Google plus is giving it a good shot, but I don’t see it being the next big thing. I gave into Pinterest after hearing about for what seemed like forever, and have definitely enjoyed that little time-waster on occasion.

071

Anyway, Instagram was one of those things I had heard about, but laughed it off as another thing I don’t care to add to my life. I didn’t even realize exactly what it was until someone asked if I was “on Instagram”.  I thought it was just a little photo editing app on my iPod. And then one day, when I was sitting around with the kids, I decided to see what it was all about, and registered myself up. And guess what…it’s really fun. It’s the perfect way to capture the chaotic/hilarious/sweet parts of my life as they happen in a way that seems like less of a commitment than Facebook. And since I don’t blog as often as I used to, it’s a good way to keep up with family and friends on a more frequent basis. It’s quick and simple, and that perfect for me right now. I’ll admit I’m a little trigger happy, sometimes posting several times a day (or hour), but these kids just provide so much share-worthy material! The few followers I have are probably laughing at my eagerness to post (or maybe you love me for keeping the feed scrolling with more to look at as you sit in the waiting room as the doctor’s office).  I’m sure I’ll get more lazy and calm down about it soon, but for right now, I’m enjoying it as a little bit of an outlet as I am at home with the kids all day.

073

So, I supposed I am more of a Facebook person now that I have my blog showing up on my wall with each new post, and an occasional Instagram popping up there as well. I’m coming around in the way of social networking! I hope I can keep up and don’t turn into one of those old people that keep their green screen computer because its good enough to get the job done.

148

4 comments:

Cami said...

Ok, I'll sign up.

Tracie Frost said...

Um, I would be one of those "old people"!!

Janice said...

I'm a follower, of a few favorite people. And I'm your fan - we love the multiple posts per day. What a delight to see a new photo while I eat lunch at my desk... Keep it up!

Kassi said...

I just wrote it off because I thought you had to have an iphone to use it. I will have to look into it.

Too funny about the green screen computers. Quick funny story on that. My mom still writes her talks on that old thing. What is really crazy about the whole situation is that my dad fixes computers for a living.. I guess he didn't want to bring his work home with him. ;)