Thursday, October 11, 2012

Fun with the Parents: Part Two

So, as you know, when Dad left, mom stayed and the fun continued! Well, as much fun as you can have when potty training. We did our best.

Elise made these adorable  charts. The kids LOVED them.037038039

Ruby calling Daddy after her first success!052037005

They took over Nana’s mat for a little Yoga.015019

They are learning to dress themselves. Still a few kinks to work out, but I’ll take it!027033

A friend invited us to go to an awesome Indian themed park close by. We didn’t even know it existed. The kids loved it. 201209211

Bennett enjoying a juicy pear.050

Bennett enjoying a juicy peach.044

We usually don’t make a habit of lying on the table, but I made an exception this time. 077078081

Uninterrupted baking!125

Chick-Fil-A, of course. (Mmm…Spicy Deluxe…)003004

Ice cream at Costco, of course. 013014

Watkins Park (and playing in the dirt), of course. 017019(No stroller, Ahhhh!)023024027029

Oh, here’s something new. I took us out to Serendipity in Georgetown. We scored some great parking, ate too much delicious food (though I am still sad we didn’t get the carrot cake sundae), did some window shopping, and beat a huge storm that was brewing. A great night!034035038039043045049

Our friends had us over for an awesome sushi night. It was a blast, and all the food was most delicious. And Mom was a great free babysitter!051055

Since I learned how to make sushi, we made it again a couple days later! I am hooked. I don’t do anything raw, but I’ll eat a California roll any day! I’m definitely a wasabi girl. I also LOVED the cooked salmon in the spicy creamy sauce ones we made. And we tried out brown rice, and it was a winner.  069071075077078

Ruby came with Mom and me to the church cake pops activity.062061

Holy cauliflower. It was made into a delicious soup.064048

My little church studs.066069

There was a deal going on for my boot camp class while mom was here, so she joined for a few weeks! It was so great having my fam there with me! Here I am in my instructor shirt. I was subbing that day.071072076

This is the next day (Mom’s last day) with our Instructor Lisa.002003

It’s always fun think up some new foods for guests:

Grilled Pizza sandwiches. Pizza sauce, fresh mozzarella, and pepperoni, grilled in olive oil, dipped in homemade ranch, with pepperoncinis on the side. Do it.002

If you ever find yourself with homemade bread that is starting to get a little dry, and some of your canned apple pie filling to use up, make apple pie French toast. You won’t regret it.020

Pumpkin German Pancakes. Made these on a whim while deciding what to do with the rest of an opened can of pumpkin. Luckily I also had fresh whipped cream and some toasted pecans to go with it. 053058

The kids made fast friends with the plumbers. So did I when my garbage disposal didn’t make that horrible sound anymore. 039

Just enjoying every last minute with Nana. 061041042

So, that’s all the happenings from when Mom was here. We miss her and love her very much. I’m so SO glad she was able to stay longer. It was definitely a labor of love, and she was so incredibly patient with me and the kids. I’m a lucky girl.

1 comment:

Marianne said...

I must have the pumpkin german pancakes and apple pie french toast recipe!!