Thursday, August 02, 2007

Ipod+Harry Potter=Productive!

Since I have been listening to the infamous new Harry Potter on my ipod, I have been so much more productive. It seems boring and silly to just sit and listen with two free hands. I have been making my bed everyday (not a usual occurrence I'm embarrassed to say), I have been keeping the house tidy, and exercising more. It's also nice to have something to listen to during simple things like doing hair and makeup, driving, and doing mundane tasks as work. Here is the list of the things I've done today alone while listening, on and off, to this gripping novel:

-Worked at the hospital for about three hours
-Washed, folded, and pit away load of laundry
-Made a batch of puff pastry dough (A long process. My rolling pin muscles are not what they used to be.)
-Dusted the whole apartment
-Organized my kitchen pantry
-Organized a kitchen cabinet
-Organized my clothes closet
-Made chicken salad for dinner
-Cut up a watermelon
-Took Matt to the metro station so he could catch his flight
-Went grocery shopping (remember that requires unloading into the house, and reloading into the kitchen )
-Written this blog

Granted there are things that obviously can't be done while listening, but still it's nice to see a list of everything you've accomplished in a day. Being home more that usual, you'd think I would get this much done all the time. But there are some days that it is harder to get things done when you know you have plenty of time on your hands. I feel so blah after those days of doing nothing after work but watching Lifetime movies, The Style Network, or Oprah (yuck). There are times for those types of days when you really need one, but I think I've found my key to productivity. Not that I'm lazy everyday or anything, but I love the feeling of getting things done. I'd better get another book ready since this one is rapidly coming to a close (Amber bring Ender when you come). I have turned it off from time to time to concentrate on whatever I was doing, not wanting to miss anything, but I've had it one for the most part. It keeps me company while I'm here alone all day. I'm actually feeling pretty tired now. It has also kept me from taking my afternoon nap I've gotten in a habit of taking. KC is reading the hard back (thanks to Cami and Jake who loaned us both mediums) and we just found out we are at the same part but were each too afraid to ask details for fear of giving something away.

4 comments:

Cami said...

I know what you mean! On those last couple weeks of listening to the first 6 books, I really had to start listening a lot, and boy did I get a lot done around the house. The kitchen was never cleaner!! I cleaned out my closets too. I guess it just makes things easier. I hope you're liking the book!

erika said...

That is a really good idea! I am just reading like normal, which means that my house is a wreck and all of the laundry is piling up because Harry Potter comes first these days!

Do you have any yummy fennel recipes? I know that you must have something up your sleeve!!

Matt said...

Man o mango. You did a ton. Nice work. It's a nice feeling. And thanks for taking me to the Metro. It was my first time on the Metro without you, and I feel like a man now. :) See you tomorrow.

Janice Graham said...

Wow! Killing all kinds of birds with one stone! That's technology for you. Good job!