Friday, August 31, 2007

Quite a different experience

Well you might remember this post I wrote a while ago about my less than satisfactory experience at Wal-mart. Well today I went and it was quite different. I think it was the time of day. I was ironically returning the items I bought in the above mentioned post. I was also picking up a prescription and didn't really have a list of anything else to buy there. Weird I know. I had to wait about 40 minutes for the prescription so I was left to browse. This is a bad thing to do in this type of store. Of course I found many things to buy. Some of which I'm glad I thought of while I was there so I wouldn't have to make another trip later, and some of which were just for fun. After items were purchased (including prescription), in very short lines I might add, I headed to the car. As I was unloading my merchandise, an employee was there a few seconds before I was done to retrieve my cart for me. I tried to hurry as he told me to take my time. I gave a subdued yet enthusiastic thank you along with a little laugh as this is so different from what had happened in, again, the above post. Not that is was the employee that caused the problem before, but it was just the feeling I left with. I guess I'll try to do my Wal-mart runs before dark.

Other news, our friends the Murphys had their little boy the other day. I went to see him yesterday, and even though it was after hours for me, I gave him a little photo session, off the clock. It was fun to take pictures with a family I knew. He's a sweet little guy and handled all the friends and flashes very well.

Sad news, our friends moved today. They were the only church friends we had here in Cheverly and it will be sad to walk by there house, knowing it's not their house. They gave so much service to everyone the knew. I mean, I can't even say how much they did for so many people. I told her to start a lot and I think she will. I can't wait.

Exciting news for them, but sad news for us, Matty and the fam are moving to Utah. We hope they like the new job. Cortnie and Jack are moving TOMORROW to get him going in school, and Matt is staying for another little while to get things sorted out. We've been so busy that we haven't even been able to say good bye. Good thing we have blogs.

Great news, KC is coming home before 9:00 tonight. Well he said he would try. He doesn't even have to go in tomorrow! Yeah! We do have to be at road show rehearsal at about 8:30 in the morning however. It should be fun though. My friend Molly is directing and we are the main roles. I know, something to brag about. But you should see this script and these dance moves, we have to learn. It is intense. Well, maybe for the drama-illiterate folks like me.

6 comments:

Cami said...

Road Show!!!???!!! Oh dear. Good luck to you. Be nice to the director.

It is sad about Mattie and folks. And all your other friends too! Good luck without them. I hate when friends move.

Cami said...

Oh, and congrats on Walmart! That is quite the experience!

melody said...

Oh man, please video the road show. You and KC will be awesome!! Ha!

Amber said...

I love the picture of you and the little baby. What a cute little guy!

Amber said...

Who still does road shows? Also, it is best to never go to Wally's at night or on Saturday. 7:00 am is the best time I've found. Poor K.C.--it's so boring to have to wait around for the husbands to come home!

Cluff Family said...

Avacado Shake!? Im not quite there yet! You are amazing. I also choose to keep my wal mart opinions to myself, you know the saying..."If you cant say something nice......"