Monday, August 06, 2007

Unsuccessfully, successful day

On Saturday we didn't have any plans. I woke up and was in a mood to do something fun, out of the ordinary. I looked up some berry picking farms we're going to go to at some point, and found a fair in Cami's county and thought I'd call and see if they were interested. Of course, Ethan is confined to the house with his potty training state. So Cami said I should come shopping with her instead. I was glad to agree. We went to the mall where we ate my favorite, Mexican (Thanks for buying Cami. I even got the chips and salsa to myself because of her diet.), and to Target. We went to some of my favorite stores, and you know what? I didn't buy a darn thing. Not even at Target! I always need something there. I was trying to think though, was this successful or unsuccessful? Usually when I don't actually need anything, or am not looking for something in particular, it's hard to convince yourself that you really need something that you just happen to like. I think it's my bargain shopper mentality, or the fact that I hate having things cluttering my house that I don't really need or forget about. It gets too crowded and it makes me feel like I can't control myself if I buy something I don't need. I don't like feeling out of control. Maybe if I saw an amazing deal on something, but I wasn't quite satisfied with the sale prices, so let's call it a success.

We decided during the day to go to a later showing of Hairspray with a couple more friends. I was missing KC and asked if he wanted to come hang with Jake and the kiddies. We weren't quite thrilled to have two cars here, so Jake offered to go all the way to our home and pick him up. They even got dinner while they were out. Before we went to the Movie, Corrinne and I were talking about the Baltimore accent that I had heard John Travolta really does well in the flick. Corrinne found a website that explains it very well. We were laughing very hard since we are hearing this accent daily. It was hilarious in the movie, but my favorite character was probably Christopher Walkin. We were laughing non-stop, and I need to get the soundtrack soon.

5 comments:

Cami said...

Yes, whenever I leave a store with nothing, I feel so successful. Too bad I bought something pretty much everywhere we went! Sheesh! It was lots o fun!

mylittlegems said...

i still need your email so you can view our blog- send it to cami and have her send it to me:)

Janice Graham said...

Ha-ha. I know all about those funny photos. Sounds like a fun day!

Corinne said...

I was SO HAPPY to get to spend some time with you, my friend :)

Lili and Jeff said...

Don't get the movie soundtrack, get the broadway one. It is 100 times better, and doesn't sound so electronically corrected. I am so happy you went to see Hairspray! It is so funny, isn't it!? but they took out two of the best songs! And Changed the ending up a little bit, but what can you do? Anyway, totally go get the CD, it is worth it.