Monday, August 20, 2007

Why today is a good day...

-I finished a short and productive day at work.
-I listened to the Book of Mormon to and from.
-I ate fresh guacamole and Hint of Lime tortilla chips (oooooooooohhhhh man those are so good.) and Mediterranean grape leaf rolls for lunch. An odd combination, but they were both starring at my from the fridge.
-A best friend just told me she's engaged.
-I cleaned the bathroom before I went to work. I love getting something done before I have a chance to think about it again.
-I have two loads of laundry getting done.
-It is a beautiful, overcast, 70 degree day outside.
-I have nothing planned today so I can do whatever I want with the rest of it.


I know this seems silly as these are all regular things, but for some reason today I felt so grateful for the day. It's nice to enjoy the simple pleasures since life can seem pretty mundane sometimes going through the same things everyday. I feel like when a Monday goes well, the rest of the week follows. I hope everyone is having an especially great Monday as well.

6 comments:

melody said...

It sounds like a great day to me. Score on the hint of lime, but I guess we already talked about that today!

Bean said...

Well obviously it was a good day- 3 BLOG posts!

Cami said...

I love your descriptions. I felt like I was there sharing your good day.

Cami said...

that last one was from Jan/Mom

Sarah said...

Who got engaged? Anyone I know?

Cami said...

I missed all those lovely days. But the rest of those things sound great! I'm glad you stopped to be thankful.