Wednesday, October 03, 2007

I'm behind

I try to post things as they happen, but of course life gets in the way. Last weekend was pretty eventful. On Friday, we tried to plan a cast party for the road show (which will still be posted asap) but it ended up being a few of us that always hang out anyway. I made dough for grilled pizzas and everyone bough toppings they liked. We had it at our house. our landlord is always kind to let us use the patio and the grill whenever we want. I was a little nervous since I'd never done it before, but it turned out great. I thought we needed a little fruit so I roasted some plums and pears with rosemary. Very fallish, I must say. It was a fun night and the perfect weather.


We're pretty busy lately. I am working at the hospital and am also working as a regular babysitter fro some girls in the neighborhood. I'm not sure how much longer the photography job is going to last. I'm trying to make it until January, but I don't think I be able to. I need a change.

I can't say how excited I am for the fall. The chill in the air makes my stomach turn with excitement. I don't know what it is. Maybe it's the change and relief from the dreadful heat and humidity, or that it means Christmas is that much closer, but I love it. I am needing some pumpkins spice candles burning or something. Ooooooooo, I love fall recipes.

5 comments:

Matt said...

Fun looking party.

Fall does that to me too Emily. I smell the air, and I want to be outside 24x7. Cortnie thinks, I'm crazy, being cold like that.

melody said...

I third that - fall is such a nice break from the heat. Finally the season for pumpkin cookies, although I make them year-round anyway! Man, I need to try those grilled pizzas. I better do it quick before Jonny puts the grill away for the winter. Remind me, okay!?

Cami said...

You always have food parties in twos--fondue, homemade pizza, whatever. Still, grilled is cooler than mine, so too bad for me.

I love fall, because I love sweaters and jackets and layering. It's nice to be all covered up again sometimes. It's perfect weather!

Lili and Jeff said...

But emily! Fall means winter is coming, which means snow which means wet pants and cold hands!!! But fall is rather nice. I love KC in those pictures. He is so hilarious.

Amber said...

It's because it is our birthdees of course!! Today I got some apples from gramother and they have that Fall apple cidery taste. I think Fall is my favorite time of year. And like Melody said, let's not forget about the pumpkin cookies, and well, pumpkin everyting!