Monday, February 18, 2008

The contents of the purse

Just when I was thinking there was nothing to blog about (besides the unusually warm and inviting temperature of 70 degrees outside) Cami tagged me to do this little ditty. So here goes:

I am supposed to write about my purse and what it's contents are at the moment. Here is a list of the items. All very necessary.
  • Water bottle-Of course. I don't leave home with out it.
  • Toiletries-I guess that's what you could call them. Hand sanitizer (for any eating out type situation, or after filling the tank etc.), lotion, concealer, tissues, flossers (love those) and a couple make-up pencils for emergencies ( I don't think I've used these in a long time. They look pretty old, I just can't bring myself to take them out.)
  • Ibuprofen-This bottle actually has a number of different pills if the need ever arises.
  • Keys-I also have a valet key, not because I expect to use it for valet, but I feel it might come in handy if I lock my keys in the car. But then again, I would probably lock my purse in with them. Oh well. I keep my keys on a lanyard from a Hawaiian flea market. I really don't know what I'd do with out it. It always hangs out of my purse and helps me find my keys very quickly. I highly reccomend getting one.
  • Lip gear-If I don't have my chap stick I am lost. I have a gloss and a lipstick hand just in case as well.
  • A metro card with 90 cents left on it.
  • A checkbook with my old name and addess on it-I use this once in a blue moon, but and I am sure glad to have it when I need it.
  • Two wallets-I'm even confused about this. I wanted to try a smaller one for the cruise and it was great, but now I can't bring myself to transfer them back since I like having a smaller one better, but I still need all the stuff in the big one. I'll figure it out one of these days. The big one is the exact color of the purse even thought I ordered it online at a different time.
  • Mittens- for the cold steering wheel.
  • Orbit gum
  • Jelly bellies-these have been in there since Christmas. I guess I just forget they are in there. I'm always a little afraid to eat them without a flavor guide.
  • Phone and hands free device-I don't talk on the phone with out the ear piece. I have a bluetooth, but people always complained about the static. As annoying as the cord is always getting tangled, it's better than holding the phone. There was also a cover to the ear piece that I found in here. I had lost it a while ago.
  • Trusting God-An inspirational book I'm slowly making my way through.
  • Sunglasses-Two pair and a case for one of them. It's better than four, like I had in a previous post.
  • A pen and a highlighter- I think the highlighter is there from when I'd keep a book of word searches with me when I got bored. And the pen is an "Office" pen. Whenever you click it open or closed, another Michael Scott quote appears on each side. Right now the quotes are: " I don't understand...you want to see other people? Oh...only other people..." and, "I want people to be afraid of how much they love me." Always good for a few laughs.
Probably a lot more than you wanted to know about my purse, but it is very important to me. I am very much a just-in-case person though these contents might not prove that. I also usually carry around my camera bag that is almost as big as the purse. I have a few bags I cycle through, bigger and smaller than this one. I seem to like the depth and size of this one so I've stuck with it for a while. But alas, it's not perfect, it's handles are wearing out, and I think most women would agree that we are always on a quest for the perfect purse. I am constantly talking myself out of buying more purses, and think I do pretty well. I would buy one every day it those wallets above were a little thicker.

Id like to know what Sarah, Marianne, and Molly have stashed away in their purses. (I'm not sure of the rules of how many people to tag, so three seemed good.)

6 comments:

melody said...

Fun! I wouldn't mind being stranded with you are your purse. You can fit so much in that bag.

Cami said...

Yes, I'm sure three was the original, I just did all my relations. I knew your purse would have lots of stuff in it! Good times. Even a book!

Amber said...

I love your blue purse! I also love going places with you or Melody because you always have the things I might need in your purse. Poor Melody is always sharing her water bottle with my kids. You would think I would be more prepared after several kids, but things just seem to dissapper out of my purse....

Matt said...

Sometimes I wish my purse could be bigger. Some of the things in yours seem essential. Gloves? Brilliant.

Tracie Frost said...

Who wrote the Trusting God book? Sounds like a good read for a purse book!

Janice Graham said...

This blog said a lot about you and gave me a few good chuckles and sighs. Hand sanitizer for what you call "shopping hands," I remember the Hawaii lanyard -- I'll have to try that, metro card -- my little wandering Emily so far away in the big coastal city, Trusting God book -- the best place to turn in adversity.

A great post. Your current purse has become an icon. So daring. And so you.