Thursday, February 28, 2008

What spice are you?

I took this quiz twice, from two different venues, and this is what I got.







What Spice Are You?




You are Basil! You are widely known as being dependable, cheerful and caring around others. Not much rubs you the wrong way, but you're not above defending those close to you if the situation calls for it. You can adapt to almost anything, and can find ways to be of use in nearly every situation. However, you're not the type of person to stand out in a crowd or seek the limelight. But for the most part, you're happy with your place. You are a perfectly normal and decent person.Basil, a very common spice in nearly all cooking, originated in India. It was introduced to the world at large in the 1570's. It flowers in July and August. Dried basil is used in tomato sauces, pizzas, soups and other dishes, while fresh basil is used in a myriad of summer dishes and is excellent with fresh sliced tomatos and mozerella cheese. Basil has long been a standby spice in Italian cooking.
Take this quiz!








Quizilla |
Join

| Make A Quiz | More Quizzes | Grab Code



I'm not quite sure about this. I do love basil, but it's an herb, not a spice. And I can only relate to about half of the description. Ok, here's the next one.




You Are Cayenne Pepper



You are very over the top and a bit overwhelming.

You have a fiery personality, and you can give anyone a good jolt.

You can easily take things up a couple notches, no matter what crowd you're running with.



Now this might be pushing it a little too far. I don't think I'm quite that obnoxious (I hope).

Isn't there something in between like cilantro (since they consider herbs spices) or mustard seed. They add a great flavor and pack a punch in small amounts, but too much would take away from the main ingredient. When they are over bearing, you realize you added too much and will try to hold back next time.

KC says he is Posh Spice.

8 comments:

Matt said...

I am basil too!

Cami said...

Yes, this is a little too wide to have gotten it right! How silly. I think it should have been a much more interesting spice for you.

Cami said...

Ok, I took them. The first one said i was Bay Leaves (quiet and secluded--HA!). the next one said I was black pepper. I liked that one better because it said I liven things up a bit!

Unknown said...

It is obvious that you know your spices...I think you should make your own "spice quiz", it would probably be more accurate!

Emily said...

I really don't know very many. I use like the same five in everything I make.

melody said...

What are your fave five???

Jenni said...

I was basil on both and the 2nd ones little explanation said "You have a mild temperament, but your style is definitely distinctive," and that made me feel good! So thanks for the cute quiz!:)

Emily said...

Spices/herbs: Cumin, curry, paprika, parsley, and cilantro.

Of course I use about 20 others on different occasions, but these I seem to have on hand most of the time.