Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Free short stack

IHOP had a free pancake promotion today (of course they ask for a donation for a foundation for a local charity, which we donated to). I went with a few girlfriends and it was a usual IHOP experience complete with an incoherent waitress, a dirty plate, cold syrup, no silverware on the table, lukewarm pancakes, a misplaced check, and no requested lemon in the water. We still had a pleasant time eating our free pancakes, and talking in our corner booth for a long time while there was freezing rain outside. We all seemed to have gripes about the day so we were the right people to be with, and drown our sorrows in pancakes with lots of butter and syrup. The promotion is still going until 10 pm so check it out, especially if you have a better IHOP than we do.

4 comments:

Matt said...

Our IHOP is equally bad here, but we go sometimes anyway. We nearly went today, but the donation stopped me. I don't mind donating, but having the sales pitch kinda ruins the idea of having free pancakes on National Pancake Day. Ask me for a donation ANY other day, especially when I'm paying for my meal. Let me celebrate what might possibly be the most delicious thing on the whole planet just for the sake of it's awesomeness.

That said, if we were still in MD, we'd have gone with you. :)

Cami said...

Man, I should have gone.

melody said...

Ha! Not surprised, but glad you had fun. Pancakes are one the universal comfort foods, don't you think? I am going to make some of mom's wheat ones right now. Thanks for the suggestion!

Lili and Jeff said...

Free pancakes... what a heavenly thought. I would have gone, but there are scary people who work at ihop. I try to Village Inn most of the time. They have a nice chicken fried steak scramble that is to die for!