Thursday, November 06, 2008

He makes me smile

I'm not sure why I am so pressed to write this post, but I feel like I simply must write it down while these thoughts are dominating all others. I was just visiting teaching such a sweet friend, and though we had a great discussion (she is a new member and always has so many refreshing things to talk about), she said something that sums up some recent thoughts I've had. She said, "Your husband is always smiling and so nice." Such a simple comment, but I have to say that she was right on. It's not the first time I have realized this or heard it from other people. I have always known and enjoyed this. It's one of the reasons I fell in love with him in the first place. But sometimes, things like this can really hit you all at once. Or you can get used to things that other people notice more readily than you because you see it all the time. He is genuinely and truly nice and happy almost all the time. He always has something nice to say about everyone he meets. Seriously, how did I luck out with this guy?

A few days ago he said something that was so "KC" and it made me laugh so hard. But of course, I can't remember it due to him saying it late at night (not the optimal time for me to retain information). It was driving me crazy that I couldn't remember, but then I realized that it doesn't even matter what it was. The fact of the matter is that he made me laugh, and it was just him being himself. That's the coolest part about it. He doesn't even have to try. It's just the way things work in that funny head of his. Times when I think there is nothing to smile about, he finds something to lift me from my self-pity. And I know these kind of posts are silly, and I know you might not care to bask with me in my husband's goodness (I know he doesn't want you to), I just wanted to write down these thought I've been having lately, and reiterate how very lucky this wife is. Now I'll stop before I get into our little endearing inside jokes, or silly married people games we play, cause that would really bore you. So, during a time of many distractions, personally and in the world, I just wanted to remember this sweet moment when I couldn't help but think of anything besides my ever-smiling partner in crime.

6 comments:

Hannah said...

I have never met him, but he sounds wonderful! I am so happy that you have such a great husband!

Cami said...

YAY! I think KC is great. I always liked him better than . . . other guys you dated. I can't imagine a better uncle for my boys, a better friend for my husband, and a better husband for you. And true, he is always smiling. Plus, he does my dishes sometimes. (But he should stop that.)

Janice said...

I think he is a really great guy too! KC's mom:)

Angela @ Canned Time said...

I've never met him, but I did work with you and he must be smiling all the time about being your husband too! Hang on to him, he's a rare find!

melody said...

Oh yes, I have always been thankful you have KC and he has you.

Tracie Frost said...

I liked this post! And KC did pretty well too!