Tuesday, November 04, 2008

No lines for me!


I am still registered in Columbia from the last election when I lived with Cami (have I really been here for two whole presidential elections?) and I don't know what the lines look like here in my neighborhood, but they couldn't have been better than where I voted. Seriously, lines were nonexistent. In and out in 5 minutes! It seems all the news is talking about is the lines that wrap around buildings and people in line for two hours or more. Yikes. I'm happy to not live there.

And if it's possible to touch a touch screen ballot with conviction, I did it! I am proudly wearing my "I Voted" sticker (maybe we'll stop by one of the places that give free ice cream or other food if you are donning the sticker), and am proud to say that I did my part. Now, all I can do is pray, and believe me, I will be praying.

6 comments:

Bean said...

Lucky! Doug was there at 7am and it took 2+ hours. I went around 10 and it was still an hour and a half. I just try to see it as a good sign that so many people are voting.

Lili and Jeff said...

Hooray for your vote! How very patriotic of you. I am on my way to Manila later today, as I forgot to change my address on my registration. Boo. Oh well, at least I am registered! Also, Jeff and I watched that Halloween song. OH the memories. How did that movie ever get made?? Honestly??? And Tim Currey! Ha ha!

Merinda Reeder said...

We arrived at 6:50. We got in the door at 9:10. We got out at 9:30. I'm wearing my sticker with pride.
Tell me where to get freebies for my sticker; I earned this one!
Aren't you glad to be able to vote. Well done sister suffragettes!
You now have the right to complain about politics. Congratulations, and way to go!

Cami said...

Yay! Thanks for watching kiddies so I could go have a 5-minute job instead of a 15-minute freak-out-fest with children at the polls. AWESOME!

Drew said...

I was totally in and out as well! But, sadly, our prayers were in vain... :(

Heaven help us all!

Amber said...

I'm glad you voted even though the worst has happened Actually we were probably in trouble either way, but now we are REALLY in trouble!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!