Monday, December 15, 2008

Another year of church Christmas fun

This year my friend Molly took the Christmas program matters into her own hands. She had heard there wouldn't be much going on as far as music, etc. So she went above and beyond writing a script, and involving many organizations and musical numbers/dances (that she choreographed including swing, and ballet among others) in this little play. Everyone worked very hard (Especially molly-I think she is on cloud nine now that this is over and she can relax) and pulled off a great performance. There was even some Latin dancing by some natives (one of them being the bishop) and their wives. I sang a little ditty with some of my girls-and yes, they are all pregnant if you were wondering from the pictures-called "The Twelve Days After Christmas". You've probably heard it before, but a lot of our crowd hadn't so they enjoyed the silly lyrics. It was a great time, and a lot of work. Last year I was in the church kitchen for hours preparing. This year I managed to only have a small amount of kitchen time. It was very well prepared, so with many hands, things went pretty smoothly. That was nice.


Of course there was one little fiasco. My friend's little guy, 4 years old I think, was running and having fun only to trip and fall, at quite a speed, and hit his head full force on the metal thing on the side of the chair that hooks it with another chair. Right between the eyes. I had a front row seat since he hit the chair next to me. He was bleeding everywhere. The ward collectively watched the other two kids, while they rushed him to get 7 stitches on his forehead. Yikes! He was as good as new at church yesterday, minus a band aid covering the injury. Thanks goodness. It was kinda scary.

So, on a lighter note, KC wasn't able to join me at the ward party due to a previous engagement he had with a choir he's been practicing with for weeks. It was a Lex de Azevedo oratorio called Gloria. I haven't had the best attitude with him going to practices every Sunday for the last couple of months, but I'm glad, in the end, that he was able to participate in such a lovely program. The soloists were so so great, and all with many credentials to back the up. It was a lovely night. Molly and I went together to see our husbands, so it was a lovely evening with a lovely spirit. And KC looked pretty sharp in his black sports coat, if I do say so.Also, tonight we joined another couple, Nikki and Ben that we know from our singles ward days, to be carol singers (I like calling us that instead of carrolers because that what they are called on Love Actually that I watched today, and love so much) at a care center. Nikki checked with them and planned it up. I loved watching their faces light up, even when they can't talk very well, or can't even move. Some had requests and would even sing or clap along with us, while others just enjoyed the music. It was a great night, and Nikki had lots of yummy treats waiting at home when we were done. She also loaned me The Muppet Christmas Carol for which I will always be indebted. Seriously, Netflix, get in in your selection. Even the library didn't have a copy. I almost had to go to Blockbuster (shiver). Thanks Nikki.

So little time left until Christmas. I hope we can get all our movies watched in time. We're doing pretty good so far and I'm loving every second of it. I still have more fun times to bombard you with, but it's been a long day, and I'm ready to relax. Until then.

6 comments:

Janice said...

I especially love KC's tie. It seems so familiar! Wish I could hear you sing your little song - looked like you had fun!

Unknown said...

What a fun and busy life you have. Love hearing about your stuff.

jeff said...

You guys are just in the Christmas season spirit! You have so much going on! And Jeff and I slept in the living room by our tree, much like you and KC did! Thanks for the idea!

And my word verification is trisep. Ha ha.

Kristy said...

I am glad you were able to enjoy the Christmas party! That is cool that KC is apart of a choir group. I bet it sounded amazing.

I really love your hair by the way!

melody said...

Ha ha carol singers! I think I will say that too. You two are packed with stuff to do this season. It's not even over yet!

Cami said...

Did you watch MCC yet? I really want to. I just finished the book.