Friday, December 05, 2008

My Christmas to-watch list

There are so many movies that I'd LOVE to watch before the season rapidly dissapears. I thought I'd make a list to keep me on track, and to clear my head. These are in no particular order.

Elf-We just bought this for only 5 bucks. We don't buy many dvds but Christmas movies are a different story.

Miracle on 34th Street-I've never seen the old version, but I grew up just loving the new one.

Home Alone-I listen to the soundtrack in my car. It's really great music. There's nothing like a disastrous Christmas movie. Though that's how most Christmas comedies are, I think this one is a classic.

It's a wonderful Life-This one is always such a sweet reminder of what the season is about. Good old Jimmy.

White Christmas-How could I let a whole season go by without hearing, "Snow!", "Sisters", and of course, "White Christmas".

Love Actually- Cami has the edited version at her house. We'll have to watch it when we babysit in a couple weeks. This soundtrack is also a keeper. I get all warm inside just thinking about it.

Holiday Inn-I've never seen this one, or I have but it was long enough ago that I can't remember. I thought I'd add it in this year cause it's available to watch instantly on Netflix. I think I'm gonna like it.

Meet me in St. Louis-The sweet voice of Judy Garland singing the beautiful words of "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas," is one of the things I look forward to the most this time of year.

The Muppet Christmas Carol-Of all the versions of this lovely tale, this has to be one of the best. We are reading Dickens' version of this for my book group, so I'll definitely have to watch this one.

Pee Wee's Playhouse Christmas Special-Need I say more.

How the Grinch Stole Christmas-Jim Carry is quite a genius in this film. Good music, great cast, and lots of holiday cheer.

With a list like this we'll be doing nothing but watch movies for the next few weeks. I already have so many other things to do, and so many things I plan to do. I'll try to finagle as many of these as I can into our festive schedule as I can. Watching them always brings back such grand memories of Christmases past. And being so far from most family this year, we'll need 'em.

6 comments:

Cami said...

That is a good list. Man, I'm hoping for one of those. But we'll have to watch a few together!

Woods said...

Oh that makes me want to go have a Christmas movie night....maybe I will. Thanks for all the great movie ideas.

Unknown said...

Love actually is on Scotty's "top 5 best movies" list...it's one of the few movies that makes him tear up. I think I need to snuggle up to a movie night too, thanks for some great suggestions!

melody said...

Great list! Almost identical to mine, I believe. (We always have to watch the Grinch cartoon. It's classic.) Let me know how you like Holiday Inn.

Drew said...

Great list! It is rather like my music list. It's hard to narrow it down, isn't it? Oh, and I would totally watch the original Miracle on 34th Street. Young Natalie Wood is really great. But I love the new one too.

Pee Wee... Oh wow. Time to watch that one for sure. "Fruitcake!!"

Amber said...

I love Christmas! That is a great list we still need to watch Love Actually together...