Sunday, December 07, 2008

Making the most of the Christmasification

It's always so sad to me to leave a Christmasy living room with everything dark except the glowing tree when I go to my room to go to sleep. So we decided this year to start a new tradition. When we get our Christmas tree at the beginning of December, we're thought it would be fun to sleep by the it every Friday or Saturday until Christmas. KC got this tree light timer a couple years ago that makes the lights automatically turn on at about 5 pm, and shut off at midnight. So it's perfect for us to fall asleep to the beautiful twinkling lights, and not have to get out of our warm bed to turn them off. I even put the electric blanket under the fitted sheet to warm up the air mattress for us. When we wake up, we just put the air mattress back into the guest room until next weekend. I'm loving it, and I love that KC is humoring my silly ideas. So even though we are a little sad to not do our traditional Christmases in Utah with our families, at least is gives us time to relax and come up with traditions of our own. You should try it out. Sleeping by the tree is pretty fun.

10 comments:

Amber said...

That is so fun. Spencer and I have always slept out by our tree a couple nights but you have a better idea every weekend! You guys are too cute. Your tree looks beautiful. We need to get together.

melody said...

Lucky! I always joke about it with Jonny, but we never do it. I think I will mention it again, non-jokingly. That looks very cozy. Nice tradition!

Cami said...

That is very fun and cute!! I love that timer, dude.

Kristy said...

I love that idea! It doesn't get any better than that.

Anonymous said...

Love it! Why didn't I think of that?

Tracie Frost said...

LOVE it! That will be one of our Christmas things to do this year!! Thanks for the idea!

Unknown said...

I love that idea...lucky for us since we live with scotts parents we get to sleep next to our tree EVERY night until christmas!

The Hunsakers said...

Sounds fun! Wish I could get my hubby to do that, but he loves our bed so much he won't sleep anywhere else unless he has to. The tree timer does sound like a great idea. We definitely need to start our own traditions now that we are older and married.

Amber said...

Mom told me about that! You guys are so cute and fun!!!

Unknown said...

Neat idea. We will have to try it sometime.