Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree

First we had to find the tree.
It's pretty hard to do when there are so many to choose from.
Ethan was content to wait while we searched.
Then, when we found our favorite,
KC cut it down,
while Jane and I held it waiting to say "Timber."

We were wondering if we should bring home the awesome smelling branches we cute off, but we didn't.
There were also some fun things for kids there.
Jane was just happy to be in her cute, warm, furry coat.

Then we tied it up on the car and took it home.

We put it up that night.

We put lights on a couple days later.

And we finally decorated it Tuesday night.

While in the decorating mood, I took care of a few other decorations we have, with the Christmas music blaring.

I even wrapped some presents. My back is feeling all the present wrapping today. I also worked on our Christmas cards.

It's amazing how Christmasy it feels when the lights are one while all the other lights in the house are off. (Looking at the picture makes me think it needs a garland/ribbon/filler of some sort. Maybe if I get around to it.)
I love having a front window to be able to see the tree from the outside.

So, like I've said in posts past, we been Christmasified! There are a lot of fun things I want to do this season. Hopefully we get to a couple of them.

*Pictures at the tree farm are courtesy Cami and her mad skills. To see the rest of the pics from our Christmas tree outing, so see them at her blog.

9 comments:

melody said...

Great narrative with pictures! Wish I could see the Christmafication in person. Oh well, this is the next best thing. The house and tree look beautiful.

Angela @ Canned Time said...

Absolutely beautiful! I wish we still had that enthusiasm for the season. Thanks for sharing yours.

Cami said...

not SO mad. Nice job. I like your post better. Beautiful tree! Can't wait to see it in person.

mylittlegems said...

OK like I said to Cami- love that you get to go pick your own tree- really fun. I guess maybe we could pick our own cactus? ha ha Love that you have all the decorations up. We have none up and I am feeling that I might just only put the tree up....later ....haven't got the decorating bug yet. :)

Unknown said...

What a festive mantle...I am so wanting my own place to decorate right now. Looks great em!

Lili and Jeff said...

Looks like Christmas is all up ons at your place! Your packages look like real presents! In boxes! Ours are lumpy flat ones. Thanks for the catching up of your holiday season!

Amber said...

Your pictures look great. What a fun time. I love the one of you and KC when you found your tree. You are looking all cute. Then the one of you and Jane how adorable. Good times. Your house looks so festive!

Tracie Frost said...

EEK! Beautiful tree and love the mantel with the red vases! Just put mine up too and of course I thought of you!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!