Monday, March 02, 2009

I can finally say it.

It's Sno-o-o-owing!
Well it was this morning anyway. I guess there was a little snowfall here while I was on vacation, but this is the first I've seen. It just kept coming down. And don't let those huge, fluffy flakes deceive you. This was heavy, wet, dense snow. Here is my boy hard at work. His back is feeling it tonight. You know, as much as I dislike the cold weather, I do the the peace and tranquility that an untouched snow covered morning brings. And the rest of the day for that matter. With all the schools, and a lot of other places closed, it seems that there was just a contentedness in the air. I myself celebrated this wondrous weather by getting a lot of chores done and watching the kiddos I normally watch. We popped popcorn, and wore our pajamas all day. It was quite cozy. Now, I am ready to move on to warm weather.

7 comments:

Marianne said...

We live in Cottonwood Heights- less than 3 miles from Big and Little Cottonwood Canyon... I think if I see one more ounce of snow I'll bury myself in it. Paul and I did our fair share of shoveling this winter!

Cami said...

Contentedness . . . hmmm . . . after 3 days off of school already, that's not the word I'd use at my house--the kids were bored out of their minds. But they did like the snow. They made short work of the back yard that's for sure.

Unknown said...

ugh! We have actually had a very mild winter here, which is odd for wyoming! This year everything has just skipped over us! I myself have only shoveled once and my neighbor for me twice. and it has only ever been the most 3 inches. But i can say i am still very ready for spring and warmth. where jer is working right now it is 65. please come here soon warmth!

Matt said...

Looove the snow.

Woods said...

I know what you mean. I love the snow if you can stay home and enjoy it from the window! I love any excuse to stay in and cozy up!

Drew said...

I still love the snow! It's even been snowing here, and after Spring has sprung! Don't worry about KC's back, shoveling is great exercise.

Tracie Frost said...

I LOVE Cheverly in the snow!!! When it snows here, I always miss how it looked in Cheverly. And the great sledding hills . . .

Glad you got to enjoy it!

And glad it's warm now!