Friday, March 06, 2009

Richard Hayden: [watching Tommy squirt catsup into his mouth] "Ugh, I can actually hear you getting fatter."

Am I the only one that hasn't heard about Heart Attack Grill? I found out about this horrible place during my daily jaunt to fatwallett.com. It lets you know about daily deals a promotions. One of them happened to be to the aforementioned place. The promotion was:

Over 350 lbs? Free all you can eat . . just pay for drink.

Anyone over 350 lbs eats for free. All day. everyday unlimited. Must weigh in with Doctor or Nurse (waitress) before each burger. No taking food to go. No sharing with others. Does not include beverage.


Confused, and scared for the consumers, I started reading the forum and comments to find out if this place is for real, thinking it was another Onion News spoof. I found their website (which I am purposely not going to provide a link to due to scantily-clad waitresses. Should you find it on your own, don't say I didn't warn you. I am not responsible.) and was utterly and completely appalled. And not just because of the skanky waitresses, or as they are called in the restaurant, "nurses", but also because I felt last night's dinner rising as I simply watched the videos looking at what they sold. Anything from single to "quadruple bypass burgers", and all you can eat "flatliner fries". No lettuce or diet drinks allowed, and everything is fried in lard. And I think the waitresses even wheel you to your car in a wheel chair. I feel greasy just writing this.

There are a number of news programs about them on youtube, but again I don't want them present on my blog, as to not offend. One that I think is appropriate to show, might give you the idea.

This owner, i.e. "doctor" (ugh) seems completely delusional and self absorbed. I am literally disgusted with this man, his ethics, and his establishment. The irony to me finding this right now, is that the other day KC accidentally brought me home a "regular hamburger" from Five Guys burger containing two patties (of course they call the regular so you accidentally order it when you meant the smaller one) when I usually have a hard time finishing the "little hamburger" containing one patty. The burgers aren't grossly huge at Five Guys, but certainly filling. Especially with their amazing fries. So I took one of the patties out so I was able to eat it without feeling too stuffed or too guilty. Had I seen this before eating my burger, I would've felt a lot different about the size of my burger (though I still would've taken the extra patty out.)

Those poor, tempted souls that actually give into this mess. I hope they start watching Biggest Loser or some kind of inspiration soon so they might actually get to live a little longer.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wow, this is just depressing. I think it's a little too early in the morning for me to have seen that vomit-inducing website. I feel like I need to go eat a salad for breakfast...

Cami said...

Man. Crazy.