Thursday, March 12, 2009

Of course

So I left my house first thing after waking up to help KC drop his car off at the shop and get him to work. Thinking I wouldn't see anyone, or even get out of the car, I didn't bother to get ready in the least. I was a complete scrounge from head to toe. A perfect candidate for Ambush Makeover complete a mismatched outfit of tennis shoes, baggy yoga pants, layers of clothing and a hat trying to cover up my mess of dirty hair.

Wanting to be productive with my drive home, I decided to stop in the drug store for something that has been on my list for a while. Either I didn't care that I looked like that, or I forgot, but it was this trip to the drug store that a very kind middle-aged man was looking for make-up and asked my advice. (And that is a story in and of itself. He needed it for another man, whose bald head was too shiny for being on camera or something so he needed translucent powder.) I kind of wanted to ask him if it really looked like I, without a stitch of makeup on, knew anything about make-up, but I just proceeded to help him out until he found what he was looking for. He must've given me the benefit of the doubt, or was desperate, so any female was better than nothing. He said he was completely overwhelmed, and I was too a little bit with the gigantic selection. I mean, I think we girls all have our favorites when it comes to makeup, so I was also exploring new territory. But I guess I had a little more experience than he did.

I promptly went home, showered, and slapped on the makeup, even though I don't have anywhere else to go today. It was just to make myself feel better.

1 comment:

Cami said...

I always see everyone before I get ready and then put makeup on later when no one sees me. It's lame. That's funny about the shiny head though!

BTW, I went to the boys' school today to sign them up and I hadn't taken a shower yet and only had on a little makeup, and boy did I see how that does not fly around here! HA! Those moms were PUT TOGETHER. Ah well.

(Also, the word verification on this comment is "shame." What does it all mean?)