Thursday, March 19, 2009

Serious Nostalgia

I remember few things about my first day in Kindergarten. Riding the bus for the first time, sitting on the rug with my new classmates all listening intently to the teacher, and talking to Megan Lamoreaux (currently Megan Wilson). I'll always remember her as the first person I talk to in elementary school. We remained good friends during all of k-6, and even went to the same high school where we saw each other often. As it happens with most close relationships from our younger years, life changes and people grow apart. But, it's good remember the good times from the past. I was delighted to get an email from Megan a couple days ago. Here are some of it's contents:

So, I am currently going through a huge bin that my mom just gave me. 
It is filled with old school stuff from way back in kindergarten. I
found this card from you. It is so fun. I'm not sure when you made
it, but I thought I'd share.

On the front:

YOU'RE
My Best
friend
(2 stick figures are are the bottom


Inside the card:

Dear Megan,
I like you alot!
you were the
first person I
talked to in all
the school years!
"CAN YOU
BELEVE
IT!:
"well anyway"
you're never mad
at me and
you're never
mean to me
that's why you're
my Best frind.

YOU'RE
GOOD
friend
EMILY

here is a luck teddy
BEAR
from Me
of corse on the front.


I was so touched that she took the time to send this to me. The memories of my childhood came flooding back. I'll have to go through some old stuff to see what treasures I can dig up. Thanks again Meg.

7 comments:

melody said...

I love it! Meg was so excited to get that to you. Very fun.

Melissa said...

I recently connected with one of my childhood friends and it is so fun. How nice of her to send along memories.

melody said...

Did you get the word of the day today? Isn't it KC who uses "spoonerisms" all the time!?

Amber said...

That is so awesome. How great that she actually took the time to send it your way.

Woods said...

Oh man, I thought I was your best friend in Kindergarten. I love the letter you wrote, that's hilarious! I wish I would have kept those kinds of things. I have so many good memories of you. TONS!! "James David Larsen", the little pebble in the door,the rap for Mrs. Haley, the fake stay at home sick day, and "Seat belts seat belts na na na na! That took me about two seconds to think of those memories. I want to start writing them down.

mylittlegems said...

That is so sweet- you should frame it :) I recently got a card that Grandma Julie wrote to my other grandparents about me as a baby. It is so touching that Grandma Julie would take the time to do that and now I have it as a treasured keepsake :)

Ben and Kelli said...

Hey! I found your blog through Jill's, and I loved reading up on what you've been up to. I looked at your recipe blog and I had to tell you I love it!! I've been looking at it for the past hour and I think every recipe looks fabulous! I'm so glad to see that you're doing so well!