Monday, April 19, 2010

Azalea Goldmine.

The Azaleas at the National Arboretum are really something to look forward to. There are reasons to go there year round but this is an annual event that must not be missed. There is only a short window of time that they are in bloom. On a beautiful day last week we took the kiddos to see all the amazing colors (and I’m glad we did since it’s been pretty cold ever since). We’re fortunate that it’s so close to us, only a few minutes away. The babies just loved all the colors and feeling the dirt on their feet for the first time. They also made friends with all the nice people that wanted to say hi. I remember walking through the Azalea Garden last year when I was only in my first trimester being so overwhelmed with happiness as I walked alone walking in all the beauty. Look how much has changed since then. I was so happy to share this little goldmine with my babies.

Well, that’s enough out of me. I’ll let the pictures say the rest. Though, the pictures don’t do these gorgeous blossoms justice.  arboretum 007arboretum 010arboretum 020 arboretum 038arboretum 040arboretum 042arboretum 023arboretum 044074

075I guess we wore most of them out.

12 comments:

Sarah said...

Beautiful - maybe next year we will stop by!

Cami said...

This is really amber waiting for the girls to be done at violin. It looks so lovely there--I'm glad you take advantage of the lovliness!

Unknown said...

oh so pretty! and the babies are so cute! and might I add you are rediculously skinny! I cant believe you! no fair that you skinny up that great and you had one more on there then me! no no fair! you look amazing!

melody said...

Gorgeous. And I love the sleeping babies in the carseats picture.

melody said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha! I have that black shirt too. Are you surprised?

Janice said...

I miss azaleas! And I love the toes picture. Great outing!

Savannah said...

You have blossoms already?? You lucky girl! I love the babies asleep and their little rosy chubby cheeks!!
You are so pretty Em! You look wonderful!

Anonymous said...

What cute rosy cheeks!

Jeff Ribeira said...

Fat babies. Fat, fat babies. I can't wait to hold all that chunkiness in my arms.

(Jeff=Lili)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

haha! They are so chubbs!! Of course Alex seems to be the chubbiest still :) man they are cute. I love love love Rubys hands clasped together-classic. Can't wait to snuggle them. How I miss them. 4 more days!

-Brit

Jeffy said...

I can't believe we didn't actually go there. Lame.