Thursday, April 08, 2010

It’s video time again.

Enough of that dumb hacker business. And don’t worry everyone. I changed my password the second I saw what was going on early this morning. Sorry about it.  All is taken care of after some cyber- clean up. Phew!

Now, on to more fun things. I am not oblivious to the fact that these videos are really only entertaining to KC and me, but why not show them anyway. I like to give you videos in clumps. It makes it easier for me somehow.

She’s a wild one, that Ruby. And is it mean to love Alex’s sad face in this?

Sometimes they just get in one of those giggly moods.

These are both good for different reasons (I’d turn your volume down if I were you. I get really screechy and annoying trying to entertain them. Sorry.)

Other fun facts lately:

We have a new schedule cutting out one of their naps and it’s going really well. Three naps may seem like a lot to you, but I think it’s great! They sleep very well day and night. Last night we got a whopping 12 1/2 hours straight! They are pretty consistent with good night these days. No more night feeding. Hooray!

They are growing like cute little weeds. Alex at almost 18 lbs. Bennett at about 16 1/2 lbs. and sweet petite Ruby weighs about 15 lbs. The dr. said they are all doing beautifully. How I love to hear that.

I think they are starting to develop stranger anxiety. When we went outside for a little playtime, the neighbors came to say hi. I ran inside to get something, and Bennett started to cry. Ruby also had a pretty pouty face when a friend was holding her. As flattering as it is, they better get over this phase soon. I’m outnumbered!

Warm weather is great. I love seeing their chubby arms and legs all day. And can I tell you how nice it is to have significantly less snaps to fasten?

Here are some feeding observations:

Alex has always loved his food, though he seems to be cutting back lately. He doesn’t gobble it up like he used to. He likes all solids so far, and doesn’t make too much of a mess. He likes to hold his bottle and sometimes does it for a few minutes at a time. So helpful.

Bennett is our fastest bottle finisher. Sometimes he tries to suck his thumb at the same time as the bottle. He also  likes to eat solids with his hand in his mouth. What a mess. But cute. He always wants to play with the spoon. I’ll have to remember to keep an extra handy for him.

Ruby eats solids like a champ. And without making a huge mess too (unlike her untidy brothers.) She opens wide and swallows it down.  She isn’t a huge fan of bottles, but she is doing better. Sometimes we have to distract and trick her to get her to finish more than 4 oz, but today she has downed every 6 oz. bottle. I guess she likes being propped better than being held. Makes my life easier for sure.

Here is our usual setup. I love this time of the day. They are always so hungry and a little fussy before a feeding, but as soon as we are all set up and they are eating, it’s perfectly quiet except their sweet gulping sounds.

7 comments:

melody said...

Oh yes! I can't get over Ruby's laugh. And sad faces are always some of the cutest. I will definitely be watching all of these videos again when Julia is up form her nap.

I bet it is crazy to you how much things have changed since only a few months ago. The propped bottles must make your life SO much easier. Wow.

Chad and Bree Fowles said...

Seriously those babies are so dang cute! I am glad to hear your getting more sleep! Love the film clips!

Chad and Bree Fowles said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeffy said...

Janey and I are having a lovely time watching these. She screaming, so I have to go watch them again now.

Lili and Jeff said...

Once again, I spent a better part of my afternoon re-watching these little gems of videos. I love your babies! I am so pleased with their sleeping progress (it gives me hope that Jeff and I will have a full night's sleep someday! Especially if you can get three babies to sleep through the night.)

I can't wait until I can see these fatties in person again. I will squeeze their cheeks like madness.

Shannon said...

Oh.My.Gosh. They are just too cute! They are seriously the most perfect, round little things. I love Ruby's raspberries and all their cute laughs and crazy kicking legs! Adorable! Congrats on 12-hour nights! Amazing!

B Jensen said...

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha I. Love. These. Babies. Of course Bennett laughs when others are treated with a tease. Sigh. Huzzah for no night feedings! How glorious that must be em! I love how you've decked out the car seats as official bottle propping quarters. Sorry Gary.