Monday, April 05, 2010

Easter Bunnies

We had three bunnies come to our house this weekend. Pretty lucky, eh?068076083      

I hope Easter was as good for you as it was for us. We had the loveliest of weather, and got to enjoy the company of Aunt Nicole, KC's sister (who gave the babies their darling bunny ears). Everyone got to find their Easter Baskets in the morning, after which (when the babies were taking a nap) we enjoyed a spontaneous crepe breakfast. We had lots of food prep, as I'm sure most of you did as well, so we freshened up and got to work. On our menu: An appetizer of cheese puffs (formally called gougere) filled with egg salad, a main course of spiral sliced honey glazed ham, crescent rolls, red/sweet potato gratin, asparagus, fruit salad, and for dessert, Coconut Panna Cotta with mixed berries.242251253259

I enjoyed every bite, and especially enjoyed cooking with Nicole. She is quite talented in the kitchen. She is a Home Ec. teacher after all. We worked well together and had things planned out in such a way that nothing was rushed, all was done at the same time, around 3, and everything was delicious. We also enjoyed a walk that day since the weather was perfect for it, and caught  bits of Conference here and there with three babies interrupting on occasion. And of course we had to take a million pictures of the cuties in the casual Easter attire. (No church, no need to get dressed up, right?)225223217

And they got swim suits in their baskets so we couldn’t resist trying those on. I, uh I mean the Eater Bunny, ordered come flip-flops for the babies too, but those didn't come until today. Of course Ruby got two pairs because she is a girl and can never have too many shoes. 142270

112158

I thoroughly enjoyed my first Easter as a mother. It was a day to remember. I can't wait for the years to come when I can explain to the kids the significance of this holy day and why it means so much to me. They will most definitely know that their Savior loves them and will forgive all their imperfections, and what a miracle and true blessing that is. 

So, as if that wasn’t enough enough pictures, here is a slide show of all the fun times. I might as well throw in a few more from the weekend. Enjoy your leftovers. We certainly are.

15 comments:

Michelle and Cisco said...

I wish the Easter bunny would have delivered these cute baby bunnies to me!!

Anonymous said...

Oh man. How fun! I love the ears!

Sarah said...

Those easter bunnies are the cutest thing I have ever seen!

Janice said...

The ears - so brilliant and cute. Missing them so much already.

Cami said...

Oh my! The pictures are divine. They are huge monkeys. I will come see them SO soon!

Camille said...

1. Love the 3 bunnies.
2. Love your hair cut.
3. Love the swimsuits. I think that means you'll be coming to the beach soon, right?
4. Love the way Ruby is always clasping her hands together. Like she's going to be the worrier of the pack.
5. Love, love, love.

melody said...

Ha! The arching in the Bumbo chairs takes me back to a few months ago with Gabe. (But he was never able to arch his way out because his fat legs kept him wedged in!)

I love the close-up pictures of them outside - especially Ruby in her darling shirt and white headband.

Those espadrilles of Ruby's are darling! And the swimsuits are great. Where did you find that puffy red one? The boys look so cool. Bring those when you come and we will go hot-tubbing for sure. Can't wait.

Unknown said...

oh my goodness! they are so stinken cute! i love the bunny ears!

Chad and Bree Fowles said...

Ahhh I love it! If the bunny ears weren't enough the pic in swimsuits was to die for! Hurray for spring! happy easter!

B Jensen said...

my love for these pictures can in no way be fully expressed by writing. I CAN'T believe how big the boys are...the side shot of Alex on your blog does not even look like him! Ah they are so dang cute I literally cannot stand it. I can't wait to see them. Oh, and I love the rocky shirt in the basket! ha. and you gave nicole frackle yes? loved loved the pics of Alex/Bennett out of their swaddlers...Oh I miss the days! and you luckies, enjoying the warm weather!! It snowed last night...honestly? lame. LOVE YOU ALL!

Molly said...

All I have to say is CUTE, CUTE, CUTE! Seriously, can those babies get any cuter:) I LOVED their bunny ears and their swim suits. And your food looked amazing!

Unknown said...

What a delightful weekend!! I just love Ruby's swimming suit...I SO wish we had swim suit weather around here.

And I have to agree with everyone else, those have to be the most darling little bunnies I have ever seen!

Matt said...

Oooo myyy gooooosh. I didn't know this was happening today...

Nicole Wright said...

Best. Easter. Ever.

I came home to a snow storm. It just made it that much worse to have left you guys!

Thanks for having me. I love you.

Tracie Frost said...

Ok that pic of Alex (Bennett?) trying to get out of his Bumpo by doing a backbend - HILARIOUS.

Also, you and your new haircut look amazing. And the food too, although that doesn't go in the same category.

Happy Easter! Good talking to you today!