Friday, May 20, 2011

By the way. . .

I made the minestrone soup that mentioned I might make in the previous post. I highly recommend it if you made the pasta sauce. This is all I did.

Brown up 1/2 lb. spicy turkey Italian sausage. Add about 2 quarts of chicken stock. When it comes to a boil, add about 4-6 oz. pasta of choice (I used whole wheat rotini). When the pasta is to a nice al dente, about 10 minutes, add about 3 cups of your chunky, pre-made pasta sauce, and a can of kidney beans. Let simmer about 10-15 minutes, season to taste with salt and pepper, and you’re done! Don’t forget the fresh parmesan, and garlic bread. 036

This tasted especially good today with all the sniffling going on around here. ALL of us are sick. It’s a blast, let me tell you. Luckily, my cold is manageable so I can take care of the babies (though KC sensed how hard my day was yesterday, and offered to stay home today, thank heavens!) Hopefully the faucet noses, long nights, raw throats, and endless coughing will be a thing of the past soon!

3 comments:

Angela @ Canned Time said...

Yum! Throw in some jalepeno for your sinus too....

Anonymous said...

Mmmm... This looks heavenly. I can't wait to try it!

Cami said...

That looks super good.