Thursday, May 05, 2011

Now it’s time to say goodbye to all our company.

We had the pleasure of having KC’s dad and sister Michelle come play with us for a week. They left on Tuesday. The time really flew by. The weather was great most of the time, so we were able to get out with the babies a lot. It was nice to expand our options a little with more adults to help me out, instead of just sticking to our regular daytime activities. And thanks to the kind downstairs neighbors, we were also able to get out without the babies a few times too. I had a blast shopping with Michelle, and trying a few new restaurants with everyone. Anyway, I’ll let the pictures do most of the talking.

They LOVED the blocks Grandpa gave them. Especially Ruby.090055

The Arboretum was a hit again. They felt so free in their little leashes instead of the stroller. Alex felt a little too free without a leash (Clyde wanted to give hand-holding a try), so Ruby loaned him hers to give Grandpa a break.072075

You’d think with four adults in the living room, things like this wouldn’t happen. She was munching away on pita chips while we were all oblivious to what was going on behind us. Most of the time there are bungee cords around the table (a genius idea from another triplet mom) to prevent things like this from happening.084

Watkins Park again. The Peacocks were especially showy that day.107We even played on the playground. It’s no surprise they had a blast. The energy these kids have!149130126P1010078P1010082P1010088P1010085P1010090

We broke out the bubble machine they got for Easter.115123112

Michelle helped me paint Ruby’s toenails. My girl was so still and patient as I worked quickly and carefully. I think she even enjoyed being pampered. And she couldn’t stop looking at them afterward. This is something I wouldn’t have even tried a month or two ago. I can already tell she and I are going to have a lot of fun together.164

We tried the nursery again, and not ONE of the THREE nursery leaders showed up. And all the toys were stashed away in the closet, so we had to set up the whole place. I’m starting to question this supposedly wonderful nursery system. I mean, it was hard enough to convince myself to start going, and now I wonder if it’s worth it. We might as well have just stayed at home where I only have to take care of three kids. Okay, I’ll stop complaining. I’m sure it was just a fluke. At least we got out of the house. 222224

Another fun day at a local park.250239245

Thanks for coming you guys! You were so helpful with all the baby toting, and were such great company. The babies were spoiled by all the attention, and I can tell they miss you too. 154168

In case you wanted to see more pictures of our eventful week, here ya go.

*Side note: Our dishwasher was out for an entire week, right when they were here. This has made me very grateful for a few things:

-disposable dishes

-a second dishwasher in the house (I took a couple loads down in laundry baskets throughout the week)

-renting (the landlord took care of everything)

-a WORKing dishwasher

Seriously, no dishwasher, one year old triplets, and houseguests makes for quite a frustrating scenario. It’s so freeing having a magical machine to wash the dishes again.

2 comments:

Lili and Jeff said...

Thanks for the great show. Looks like lots of fun activities. Miss you all!

Lili and Jeff said...

That was me, Mom.