Monday, May 16, 2011

I Scream, You Scream

It was a long Sunday. For everyone. I don’t know what was in the water yesterday, but every kid in nursery was screaming for a good part of the two hours. My kids even had a god nap before we got there. I think one distraught kid set all the kids in a downward spiral. And they seem to be starting a bit of a clingy phase that I hope is just temporary as they figure this nursery thing out. Church is turning into a very exhausting event. It’s always nice to come home and recuperate.

Since the kids apparently had such an over stimulating day, I thought a little treat was in order after dinner. (And really, does there every need to be a reason for a Sunday night dessert, besides that it’s Sunday night?) I thought an ice cream cone (containing one tiny scoop) would be a perfect, and time consuming treat for my babies. And I was right. They were in heaven, and enjoyed themselves for a good long time. Every one of them ate those ice cream cones until there was no trace of them left.083103

Ruby got the licking down right away, and didn’t say a word as she ate. She seems to take her ice cream very seriously. But the moment the last bite was in her mouth, she immediately said “more, more!” That was the only word important enough to break her silence for.111119110

Bennett was in some kind of dream world, talking and smiling nonstop as he devoured his drippy mess. He was so excited, he kept holding his cone in their air like the Statue of Liberty.091099095

And Alex played with his cone as much as he ate from it. And he was caught licking a drip of ice cream that went down is arm. He wasn’t going to let any of that good stuff get away from him. 106100115

It was priceless. I think we’ll be enjoying ice cream a lot more this summer.

8 comments:

Lili and Jeff said...

Good heavens, they are so funny. I definitely needed this triplet fix, I have been so deprived! That video was so great, they were showing off so many tricks while enjoying their delicious treat, they must have been in the BEST of moods. As Alex would say, "YuuuumEEEEE!"

Janice Graham said...

Aw, so cute. I was watching the video and felt like I was there and started talking back to them! (Yikes.)

Michelle and Cisco said...

haha i started talking back to them too! I think it is a bad thing that i got to see how much fun they are in person because now i need to see them a lot more often!! I miss them and their cute little personalities.

Janice said...

this is a 'yuummeee" video! I had to watch it three times (or more..) just to see each child and their ice cream experience. Makes me smile!

Chelle said...

I appreciate your comment on Multiples and more about leashing the kiddos! I thought I may be the only one! (not really, lol)

I enjoyed reading your blog and have added it to my reader!!

My twins were born in Oct 2009.

Cindy said...

Well, your children are priceless! What a cute little family. I'm sure you are busy, busy, busy.
Church exhausts me too--so they may or may not grow out of this stage.
Love your sweet blog. I'm so glad we all blog, I feel we are still all part of each others lives.
Thanks for stopping by my blog, eating is good. Have a wonderful day.

Sarah said...

I love when little kids are figuring out ice cream cones! So cute. When I eat ice cream cones I feel like posing like Bennett... but I am afraid people might not think it is as cute as a 18 month old.

melody said...

I just caught up on the last few posts. What a great time I had! Missing you all. Love the ice cream pictures.