Monday, November 05, 2007

35mm

KC and I both have automatic cameras that we can't seem to let go of. Even though, to me, there is no better way to take pictures besides digital. We just think they are going to be cool to show our kids someday. Everyone is digital now and I am a fan for sure. You see, we have been trying to finish a roll of film that was in KC's camera for a while to get it developed. He wasn't sure what was on it so we were excited to see. We took some here and there, until we finally heard that winding sound that used to be so familiar. We excitedly took it to get developed. I haven't dropped a roll of film in one of those envelopes for a long time. I went back a few days later pick it up. What a process it used to be. And all to see pictures not even knowing how they turned out. I would've taken 50 % of them again on a digital. How funny that this is how we used to photograph. Another inconvenience is all the space they take up. If I had to developed all the pictures I wanted to take, I'd not only be spending a fortune on film and developing, but it would take over my house. Now we have to use up the film in my camera. I'm pretty sure I used it a lot right when I moved here. Weird that only three and a half years ago, that was pretty normal to still be using an automatic camera. I'm always interested to see what they will come up with next in the world or technology. I am a fan of the new age technology, but I'm not saying that we should forget all about film. It's an art and the pictures are very good quality. Some people have a talent and should keep using the old, or I should just say, different way. I'll stick to what's convenient.

6 comments:

Cami said...

I hear you! Even when we went digital, I still felt like we had to print out all our pictures. Oh boy. They are all over the place. I like my slideshows and my photo books so much better. But the other day I bought my boys some disposable cameras that I'll have to develop. I wonder how they'll take it that they can't see the pictures right away!

Tracie Frost said...

This one really hits home - my camera finally completely died this week, and I had to take Halloween pictures on a disposable camera!!! Out of 27 exposures, I only got 20. And only 8 of those were really worth seeing! Still, I'm hanging onto my old 35mm mission camera!

Matt said...

Try to explain to a savvy kid what "Film" is. (Say it with me, it's easy... "Fiilllmmm.")

The timeeees, they are a Changing...

erika said...

Hi Em! I was just talking to Sarah and we decided that you are gorgeous. We love how long and beautiful your hair is (and we are both totally jealous!) and we just think that you are very elegantly glamorous. I am sure that everyone will agree with us.

melody said...

Julia was quite honored to be the subject of the last picture on the roll, according to KC.

melody said...

Oh, and I agree with Er and Sarah - well said!