Sunday, November 18, 2007

Cheverly farmer's market

On Saturday I made plans to go to the Cheverly farmers market. It is only a short walk away, and I heard that last time they had it, they very quickly sold out of all vegetables, cheeses, soaps, and everything else they were selling. I agreed to babysit one of the girls I normally do for that day, so she kept me company as we walked to the city building. It was quite delightful and very crowded. I bought a few things including graham flour, buckwheat pancake mix, a couple delicious pastries, and some amazing orange, passion fruit jam. All are locally made and so fresh ( I guess that is what defines a farmer's market). The two of us really enjoyed the crisp morning air and I couldn't resist getting a picture of this great tree. By the way Tracie, if you are reading this, I was really wanting to call you and tell you to come with me. (she used to be my neighbor until she picked up and moved.) The little one isn't much for adult conversation. Oh and for those who don't know, my maiden name is Graham, and my 5th great uncle, Sylvester Graham came up with the graham flour to promote healthy lifestyles or something like that. Nope, I didn't get a discount, nor have I ever been able to take a box of Graham Crackers without paying, even though he is responsible for those too. I get that question a lot when I tell people we are related.

4 comments:

melody said...

Yeah, shouldn't we get some kind of deal on the Graham products? Funny, we don't get the questions anymore, having different last names and all.

Lovely picture of the tree.

Cami said...

I should really start going to Farmer's Markets. It sounds so fun. What are you going to DO with the flour?

Lili and Jeff said...

That sounds like awesome fun. I wish I could go to the farmer's market with you! You probably appreciate those things a lot more than other people, as you have advanced culinary knowledge, and everything is potential baking ingredients for your wonderful concoctions.

Janice Graham said...

Beautiful trees and beautiful girl.