Sunday, November 25, 2007

Suggestion

If you, like me, are already tired of the same old Christmas music that is now thoroughly played on the usual stations, here is something that might help. I have recently been listening to Christian rock stations. Now just hear me out before you judge. I think it started when I was scanning the radio in the car to set my pre-set stations. I stopped for a while on one of these stations and liked the tunes. When I realized what they were singing, I was reluctant to stay since it just seemed a little hokey. But I was pretty impressed since I thought this kind of music had a stereotype that wasn't really my style at all. So I started to listen on Sundays. They are all about family values and God's love, so I liked the change for my drive to church. However, I could immediately tell who were the popular singers, and what songs got played over and over which is how it is with any genre. It's funny to think that there are so many types of music out there that I have no idea about. There are fan clubs for this music that I have just discovered, and it just makes me laugh.

Anyway, to my point. Even if you are not a fan of five different versions Amazing Grace, you can still appreciate a little variation in the Christmas songs we all know and love. Sometimes the variations are a little much for me, but I'll take anything over hearing Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree, or Christmas Shoes again. If you are here in Maryland and you dare, try 91.9, or 105.1 I think.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Emily, when I went to the Exodus convention last year, I got a large dose of contemporary Christian music. Turns out they like the praise songs over the hymns. And that is what you've been listening to, I'm sure. I like those good songs too. They do sing about loving the Lord and his saving us, and praising him for his atonement. Pretty daring--keep it up.

Cami said...

I shall give it a try. I am actually quite into our Christmas for the Kiddies CD Corinne made for us. It's much more fun!

Tracie Frost said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE 91.9! A few months ago when they announced they were going off the air, I actually CRIED! (They ended up staying on the air.) You're brave putting it on your blog - my family makes fun of me like crazy. But Eva asked me the other day why she didn't hear "Our God is an Awesome God" anymore, so I don't care what my brothers think!