Monday, February 09, 2009

Just another manic Monday

I have had a rather productive day today, if I do say so. It was nice to check so many things off my list as the day went on. I think when I have a lot of things to do, it's easier to motivate my self to get the little things done in between because I can't rest yet. So let's make a list:

  • It started by leaving my house at about 8:15 am, to go to a doctors appointment in Columbia. Now if you don't know Maryland geography, you wouldn't know that Columbia is a bit of a drive from where I live, so I tried to get as much done in that area as I could. (I used to live there, so it's like a second home to me. I know where everything is, and it's such a nice place to be.)
  • Then, lo and behold, a couple of my friends decided to make a trip to the Columbia Mall (a rare thing for them to do), which is, very conveniently right across the street from my doctors office. They called me and asked if I wanted to come along. I told them I already beat them to it. (This mall is one of the best in the area. I happen to be very familiar with it, against KC's wishes.)
  • While my friends were making their way, I went to get an oil change. KC made it very simple with a coupon ready for me as I was leaving the house this morning. I plugged the company name into the GPS and found one a few miles away from my dr. There was a shopping center across the street. It's much nicer to peruse some stores instead of waiting inside car shop waiting rooms.
  • My friends and I met up for lunch and had a good time chatting it up.
  • We finished just in time for me to get to my appointment with the oral surgeon to talk about these annoying wisdom teeth I still have. Looks like a quadruple extraction is in my near future. Hooray.
  • Then I wanted to go see Cami. When I got to her house I was greeted with a very smiley, and chatty Jane, and a nice big slice of d.o.c. dark chocolate cake. It was gooooooood. I stayed for a while, and was able to see the boys as they came home from school. Ethan kept calling me Melody for some strange reason. I mean, he's only hung out with her a handful of times, while I used to live with him. Funny boy. I snacked on some yummy spiral-sliced ham from the fridge, and went on my way.
  • While on the freeway, I was stuck in a bout of traffic, which is annoying, but my frown turned upside down when I was inching along next to this Uhaul. Look closely. Yep, that is my mom, Lili, and me advertising for Uhaul. I knew that it existed, but I've never seen it in person. Luckily, my camera was readily available for this momentous occasion.
  • I had to make a return at a store that was on my way home. Of course they only gave me store credit, even though their product was defective and it broke after only a few weeks of use. But it was about a week over the 30-day return period, so what do you do. Store credit it better than nothing.
  • After a little window shopping, I went to my last stop, the library, to return some things, and I was finally on my way home a little after 5 pm.
What a day. And it was a gorgeous one at that. I thoroughly enjoyed opening the sunroof and letting the sun pour on me.

Anyway, I usually like to be home a little bit earlier, but I was happy that I got so many things done, so I didn't mind. Anyway, going to Cami's is like being at home, so I felt quite rejuvenated. And I'm realizing now that this post probably makes me sound kind of lazy, and a bit agoraphobic, like leaving the house is a huge deal, when in reality, I do leave quite often, and have plenty to do. But I was just glad I was able to get so many planned/unplanned things out of the way in a low-key, things-just-fell-into-place kind of way.

And the best part is, we are having leftovers for dinner.

7 comments:

Jonathan and Janessa said...

Ha that's funny about the Uhaul! now I want to see one in real life too.

Unknown said...

Gotta love those mark Anderson pictures...we often see max on grocery store carts!! Wow, you did have a productive day, and home by 5 no less...way to go.

melody said...

Well, at least Ethan acknowledges my existence, since the back of the Uhaul never does!

We had leftovers too. The best.

Kristy said...

It always cracks me up when I see Cedar Hills 2nd Ward members all over the place. My family was once on the back of a Fiber One cereal box! That's a little embarrassing! A Uhaul is WAY cooler.

Kassi said...

I have seen that picture on the U-haul. It was in California. I was all excited when I saw it too. I felt like I had a claim to fame. You are famous Em!

Courtney said...

I had no idea Uhaul made you famous. I'll be checking the back of more trucks from now on.

mylittlegems said...

hee hee - I see that photo on Uhauls all over the place- it is fun to see the Grahams- happy faces :)