Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Whistle while you work

There's nothing like a stomach bug to get you into the cleaning mood. I always feel like my house is a ticking time bomb until I have disinfected to my satisfaction. So since it seems I have dodged a bullet (I'm still crossing my fingers and praying to the heavens), I woke up ready, and energized to get the place spic and span. I donned my rubber gloves and by 9 am the kitchen, bathroom, and living room were scrubbed down with a combination of Lysol, alcohol wipes, and a whole cocktail of other cleaning supplies. I'm sure others can relate to my post-sickness ocd cleaning habits. I have also started two of three loads of laundry. KC slept in a little, but I almost wanted to kick him out of bed to get the "sick" sheets off the bed and straight into the washer. Eventually, he got up, and I did.

I also did some mind and body cleaning (I've been driving myself crazy wondering if I'm sick, asking what I can do for KC, making sure everything was cleaned, etc. I needed some relaxation) by working out while reading my wonderful book, stretching well, and letting myself have a nice long shower. I have packed KC a mild lunch, and he will leave for work soon. I'm looking forward to some fresh air while doing some unnecessary errands just to get out for a bit. I can't wait to be in the beautiful sunshine.

1 comment:

melody said...

Lucky that you have sunshine. You have blogged a lot since I last checked... the cupcakes are so cute, those nachos look totally delicious, and that "bumpit" is crazy!