Friday, February 05, 2010

May I suggest. . .

If you find yourself rocking, or feeding a baby (or two) all day, or even in the middle of the night, I highly recommend entertaining yourself with some great shows on PBS's Masterpeice Classic series. I get giddy when I start a new episode. Return to Cranford is so great, especially if you've seen the original Cranford. And I am extremely excited to watch more of Emma. It is so well done, and makes me love this story even more. It's as if they knew I needed something great to watch during these days of rocking, and rocking and rocking. . . I can't wait for this one to premiere.

5 comments:

Cami said...

You really do need good distractions. Jake keeps thinking that Masterpiece is one episode and that future ones are just repeats--so he erases or cancels them. So I keep getting HALF of everything! ARGH! I just have to wait for the DVDs.

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU! I just finished my last TV series and I was wondering what to do tonight when baby is up and ready to play. :)

Drew said...

We have been watching Emma too. It's very hard to compete with the Gwyneth Paltrow version, but it's pretty good. We love a good British Sunday installment!

melody said...

Yes, we caught up on Emma this week and can't wait until Sunday night. I loved seeing her and the others as children. They can give a lot more insight into the story than the short Hollywood version. And as much as I love the Gwyneth Paltrow Emma, I must say I this Mr. Knightly tops the other for me. I think all the characters are excellently cast.

Anonymous said...

Jake said...
Yes, I know now to record ALL of the Masterpiece Classics:) The Anne Frank miniseries does look really good though - I'll have to get that one recorded.