Thursday, February 25, 2010

Some other things the babies find amusing:

Reading stories.012 We do it every morning. I'm surprised at how well it keeps their attention. I'm going to love this new development. And this book was a personal favorite of mine while growing up.011

Going to Target.

024

It was so nice to get out. We were prepared to leave at any moment if the babies told us to, but they were so delightful. Alex would smile and chat with anyone who wanted to say hi (and there were quite a few friendly strangers that wanted to meet them).


Sucking their thumbs. Especially Bennett. I can’t get enough of it.


And I couldn’t resist showing you some naked time fun.


And they started some physical therapy. They were evaluated by the county's infants and toddlers program to make sure they are on track because of their prematurity.Three great ladies came and were playing with the babies on the floor for about an hour, checking their progress. We are pleased to say that they are doing wonderfully. They are even ahead in some areas, speech being one of them. And after all their physical therapy they took great naps. Bonus! They’ll continue being seen for the next six months or so. It’s great to have professionals help me with this so I don’t have to keep track of it all on my own.

I can't tell you how happy it makes me when I see them behaving in a developmentally normal way. We’re so grateful. We get to work on more tummy time, side lying time to help their core muscles, more rolling over (though the boys have already been showing off in that area), keep reading simple books, and if it's okay with the pediatrician when we see her next week, starting spoon feeding. I'm so excited for that. I might even be able to feed all of them myself that way. The goal is to get them caught up to their real age, so we don’t always have to adjust. They are well on their way.

Now, I think we’ll take advantage if this great weather and take a walk.

17 comments:

Savannah said...

oh goodness, I still can not believe you have triplets Em! So crazy! I mean look at you! Look at what you're doing! You are seriously wonder woman!!

Janice said...

OH they are changing so much! You are doing such a great job as parents. Once again, these videos and posts have made my day. Thank you.

Lindsey said...

They are all little dolls! I love hearing their little voices. We miss you guys.

Jessica said...

I am a stalker Emily. I keep up but rarely comment...mainly because my comments are lame as you are currently experiencing.

But...I just had to ask what is the exact title of your book? I've been trying to find it, and I can't remember the title to locate it: The Mouse and Red Ripe Strawberry or something? Anyway, I too had magical kindergarten mornings listening to Mrs. Bingham read this book.

Shelley Nicole said...

So so cute! They're getting so plump!

Luci said...

So glad to hear they're doing well!

Lili and Jeff said...

That first picture of the babies is hilarious. It looks like Bennett(?) is freaking out at what is going on in the story. I can relate. When I was little, for some reason, the disguised strawberry wearing the glasses was so disturbing to me.

I love for those videos. It makes me miss all of you like madness. I can't wait until Penny comes to town, and then we can have our babies play together. Penny and Ruby will be best friends.

Jonathan and Janessa said...

Their legs are soooo chubby and cute! They look so healthy and happy! You're doing great :)

Sarah said...

So cute. I bet you got stopped so many times in Target. What do people say when they see triplets? Twins they always say, "oh I always wanted twins" do they say that of triplets?

Melissa said...

I bet you get a lot of attention when you're out on errands. Your babies are so darling. I'm so happy for you that they are healthy and doing well. You are a good mommy.

Karlene said...

Oh I loved the vidoes! It's so fun to see them growing! Thanks for sharing!!

Emily said...

Hey Jess. I don't think your comment is lame in the least. It's funny because I also stalk you but don't really comment for the same reason. But it often makes me laugh out loud.

Anyway, the book is The Little Mouse, the Red Ripe Strawberry, and the Big Hungry Bear. Such a classic.

Cami said...

Oh, they look like little dollies. I played all the videos and each time they stop Jane says "Mo peese babies." Very cute. I haven't even tried baby einstein with Jane yet--she has no interest in TV. Maybe she'd like that. They are doing so great! Keep it up!

Unknown said...

How fun for you guys to get out with the babies for a minute!

I LOVE that book, Jackson and bianca have read it daily since they were tiny too...definately a favorite at our house!

melody said...

I love that pictures of you reading to them. It kind of reminds me of Mystery Science Theater. (Except that their heads are cuter than an alien guy and a gumball machine.)

It is strange and absurd to me that I do not own that book, the very first one we could "read." I have had it in my Amazon cart a few times, only to save it for another day. (It's not a cheap one!) But Julia would adore it. I will have to splurge on it for her birthday. Or sooner, if I can't wait.

Thanks for posting movies. I can't get enough of those three!

Amber said...

They are adorable! You are amazing, seriously SUPER MOM. I love seeing them and wish I was closer!

Unknown said...

cute . . . glad to hear they are progressing well.