Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Our current status.

With one less person (The babies already miss you Janice) in the house, we have:

Put Ruby to sleep in the crib, which she whimpered in for about 10 minutes and then was silent, that angel of mine.

Put Alex to sleep in the swing, after attempting the crib.

Bennett asleep in a carrier on me also after a crib attempt.

(More on sleep training later.)

Achieved a quiet house, even if only for a short time.

Make-up on and hair blow-dried hair. (Hey, sometimes you just need to do something for yourself, you know.)

Eaten lunch while only holding one baby in a carrier.

Perhaps propped some bottles, supervised of course.

So, our first morning with only two of us hasn't been so bad, though the house is definitely not in great shape, the babies have had moments of screaming at the same time, and I may have said things I shouldn't have. We're definitely getting more organized around here, and I am trying to keep my cool amidst all the stress that creeps us. Wish us luck.

7 comments:

Lindsey Bench said...

Good luck Em, you can do it! Remember, this stage won't last forever.

Woods said...

You will be amazing! You are such a great mom! I wish I could be there to help on those rough days or nights. In no time those babes will be sleeping through the night!

Sarah said...

I am proud of you! You guys can do it! Don't you feel a little empowered knowing you have done it once with just the two of you. Good luck sleep training. It is rough at first - but TOTALLY worth it!

Janice said...

Wow, I know how hard it is to get time to do a post (I was there!) and with one less person for holding babies.
You will succeed. Love you ALL!!! Britney too :)

Unknown said...

keep up the good work! It will get easier as you go along and get used to having just two! They are getting so big too! just looking at their recent pictures they seem so much bigger then when i saw them at christmas! and wow do alex and bennett look more a like now! I couldnt tell you who was who! such cute little things! dont forget about you! you need some you time everyonce in awhile to stay sane!

Chad and Bree Fowles said...

I look up to you Emily. I am glad you still have at least two more hands!! you guys are doing great I am sure!!

Cami said...

Hard times. I thought to myself that perhaps you should sleep train one at a time? More time spent, but less trauma, perhaps. I'm sure you've got it all figured out. That Ruby. She is great. Tell those boys to behave!