Sunday, May 30, 2010

See ya later pacis and swaddles!

No more getting up in the night to re-swaddle. or re-pacify! I am done! I think the entire family relied on those way too much for any sleep. We spoiled them a lot in Utah, and now my little children want to keep those bad habits up. No more, I say! We have been pretty successful on the swaddle front (as long as they have their paci in place, leading me to this next decision to rid them of those props as well). This seriously broke my heart. (I though we were done crying it out. It was a sad night and day for me and the babies, but we made it-phew.) We'll see how the pacifier plan plays out. I thought I was going to go to church today. Ha. We'll see how that goes. I'll let you know of our hopeful success in the next couple days. Wish me luck (Ipod is ready to go)!

They looks so big with their arms out, snuggled up with a blanky. Just precious.

4 comments:

Cami said...

Good plan. Cause I spent 5 years getting up to put 2 binkies in, and it about killed me. 3 would be insanity. But sad. They are very helpful.

Melissa said...

Your babies are so stinkin' cute. I wish our Utah trips would overlap so I could see them. I love their pink round faces and the boys are so identical. Sorry about the binkies. I still swaddle Christian in his velcro blanket, I just leave the arms out. That way he hears the rustle and rip of velcro and remembers it's sleep time. Less traumatic than just removing the whole thing I thought.

B Jensen said...

no more pacis really?? WOW you are tough. crazy that the swaddlers are done. they are getting so big it's insane. so cute your little ones.

melody said...

I love Ruby's face in the wagon picture. And I feel the same way about clean babies. So sweet.