Saturday, May 08, 2010

My Littles

How about a quick update? Let's see. . .Ruby has been the overachiever of the week learning to sit up! She looks way too grown up sitting up so straight. She balances very well, and can stay put for minutes at a time. We practice with the boys too, but they are just a little more plump than her, making it tricky. In time, they'll join her. She is such a happy, funny girl. Whenever anyone wants to help get them out of bed, I always let them get her. She is so happy to see people and shows it with crazily kicking legs, and HUGE smile. She can hardly contain her excitment. She also does this "cabbage patch" mouth a lot. Love it.
Bennett is still such a relaxed and sweet little boy. He'll probably be the clingy one. I just love to cuddle that little man. Even though he might look mischievous in this picture, it's not so. He might need extra attention now and then, but I don't mind giving it. I love his subtle dimples when he smiles. Such a darling, my Bennett. He isn't always calm though. When he gets to kicking, he can really move, as you've seen in previous posts. It just seems like he thinks he's really getting somewhere. I wonder if it's a foreshadowing of any athletic skills in the future.
Alex is such a crack up. He is still the talker, and recently learned that he love to gargle on any residual milk in his mouth. He really thinks it's pretty amusing, and in turn, so do we. He gets pretty excited in the exersaucer and jumper, which is hilarious. I'll have to show you some videos sometime. So remember this post? I loaned those adorable gowns to Amber when Brady was born several weeks premature. Well, he actually never fit in them. She returned them to me yesterday and I couldn't believe how small my little sweeties were. Here's how well it fits today. What used to engulf his entire little body is now just a hat on my chubby boy. How fast they grow.
Well, I didn't mean for that to turn into such a detailed summary, but it turned that way anyhow. It's mostly for daddy. We miss KC like crazy. He'll be here in a couple weeks, and I can't wait to introduce him to his older and wiser babies. So much can change in a few weeks.

10 comments:

Michelle and Cisco said...

I miss them so much!! We are having a great time in Chile but I can´t wait to get home and kiss those cheeks. So so cute!! And they are changing so fast! Ruby is so cute sitting up.

Unknown said...

they are so so cute. i love the fat cheeks and big smiles.

Anonymous said...

So cute.

mylittlegems said...

hey! I made that bib on one of your littles. - for Amber ;) Glad to see it fits someone's baby. :)
those 3 are cute that is for sure.

Tracie Frost said...

Hi Emily - Happy Mother's Day! Your first! Hope it was GREAT!

Jessi said...

i LOVE Ruby's cabbage patch face! cutest thing ever!

Wendy K said...

LOL @ the hat!

Cami said...

Whaaaa? I didn't know Ruby was sitting! That's earlier than most of my kids. :)

Sarah said...

So cute! (Do I say that every time?) Don't you love how babies have perfect posture?

Amber said...

Those cute little convicts