Monday, April 18, 2011

Adventures with Grandma.

KC’s mom came to town last week, and it was hilarious to me to watch the babies enter this new nerdy show-off stage. When they discovered that this new person in the house was here to pay attention to any and every thing they do, they just had to make the most of it. They loved doing things to make us all laugh. Ahh, toddlers. They do love attention, don’t they.

We tried to pack in all the fun we could while she was here. I’ll show you.

We thought it was a great time to try the National Zoo out. It is only a short drive away, and free (besides parking, of course) so what did we have to lose? The weather was perfect, and I think even though the kids didn’t quite get what they were looking at for the most part, they had a great time in the new surroundings. But it was packed, and they got restless so we only lasted about an hour. But still a success. 065071082085086087

It was raining for several of the days she was here so we did a lot of lounging, and reading books. 101

Alex, for some reason, was having a nap boycott while she was here. Not before she came, or after she left. Just while she was here. I guess he didn’t want to miss out on any fun with Grandma in the house. Anyway, one morning I had errands to run, and didn’t want him screaming in his crib while I was gone. So while the others slept away, I took him with me to Wegmans, where he was as delightful as ever. What a difference to only take ONE to the store. Way too easy. I loved having a little shopping buddy, even if he was supposed to be napping, the little naughty. It was nice to have Janice taking care of things at home so I could go out and about.121

Of course this happened on the way home. When will kids ever learn? I mean, this can’t be more comfortable than his cozy crib.122

KC and I were very happy to go out a couple times while we had a willing babysitter. Every time I go to the Cheesecake Factory, I feel like a tiny person in a giant’s house. 115

We got restless waiting for the rain to let up, so we went to the mall, and a couple other places just to get out.123This how we do daily outings

And we decided to just brave it one day, and go to Watkins Park to see more animals. This is just a great place for my animal-fascinated children.128

134130

Another day looked like good weather, and ended up being too hot. We tried out the Arboretum with all the open space for them to roam. Still a bit of a task letting them run around when it’s not 1:1. That outing was kind of a bust, with the heat, traffic, and cranky kids, but we got out anyway, right? We should’ve at least stopped by the fish. Oh well.They just go in different directions!

We made up for it by enjoying a walk around the lake on a gorgeous day. That’s always refreshing. 145

As soon as we cleaned up the guest room, the kids were more than ready to reclaim their playroom territory.151

No adults allowed.149

Thank you, once again, for all the help and fun times Grandma!P1010009

4 comments:

Janice said...

Thank YOU for showing me such a great time! I loved all the laughs, words, animal sounds and book reading lap times. I do love those toddler triplets!

Janice Graham said...

What a nice time they had with Grandma R. Cute pictures.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Those cuties. Nice that Janice could come and enjoy helping with them . . .