Tuesday, April 26, 2011

He Sent His Son.

Easter Sunday was beautiful, as usual. In fact, I was trying to think of an Easter that wasn’t sunny and gorgeous with blossoms and chirping birds. It must be that the Lord wants us all to really be reminded of His son and the beautiful world we get to live in because of Him. I’m grateful every day for the love and forgiveness my Savior has for me. So very grateful.

The day started with Easter baskets for everyone. We didn’t exactly hide them, but I think the kids were still surprised. Holidays as just so fun as a mom. I was so excited to watch them enjoy what the Easter Bunny had left for them. 003039007018015011024035027036041

Then, of course we had to take a million pictures of them all clean and shiny in their church attire. We didn’t get one family picture, but the kids are the best part anyway. It’s nearly impossible to get them all in a picture together these days. And when they are together, there’s no way everyone will be looking/happy, but I like that it’s true to life.

058B, R, A

075070067

088097104113

117048118

126121132

We enjoyed Stake Conference as a family (we were late due to naps, and tried to catch tidbits of the meeting on a tv while in the nursery, but hey, we made it). Later that afternoon we had some friends over to enjoy an Easter meal together. Everyone contributed, and it was most delicious. I have to say, it was so nice to only have to make a few things, rather than the whole meal. I made the ham, egg salad filled cheese puffs (instead of deviled eggs because it just sounded more fun), and a frangipane fruit tart. The deserts were especially colorful (the other was a fantastic rainbow cake for a sweet one-year-olds birthday), which was very fitting for Easter. As busy and chaotic as it can be to prepare for and eat a dinner while you have toddlers running everywhere trying to undo/destroy all your preparations, it turned out to be a perfect evening with some great friends. 153167163DSC_2147171181

I love Easter. I love Spring. I love when the candy goes on clearance (I haven’t yet eaten ONE Cadbury egg!). Maybe next year we’ll be brave enough to actually dye some eggs and have an Easter egg hunt. Maybe.

8 comments:

Janice Graham said...

Looks like a lovely celebration for a lovely reason. Thanks for sharing it.

And FANTASTIC tart and cream puffs. How do you do it????

Amber said...

It sounded like a perfect day! And i'm sure you will be able to hunt for eggs next year. Gabe did just great at ours! Cute bunny ears!

Drew said...

That food looks amazing! And the kids look great in their Easter clothes, I love Ruby's gold vest and the boys rockin' their pink ties.

Krystle said...

Those pictures were wonderful!!!

Janice said...

Love the new clothes - they are looking so grown up - ties!
The toys look so fun - spray bottles! love it.

Sian said...

aw they look so cute in their Easter outfits!

melody said...

I have been looking forward to an Easter post. The kids looks darling and those egg puffs look delicious. What a great idea!

Woods said...

How fun!! Those cute kiddos are growing like crazy. They are adorable! I bet your Easter dinner was fabulous!!