Saturday, April 16, 2011

I ate way too much tonight.

It was a Shredded Beef Nachos Supreme kinda night over here. You really should make them. Here’s how:047 (1)

Follow this recipe to make the most delicious cheese sauce. (Or just follow the whole recipe. I just don’t always have it in me to make everything from scratch these days. I just go ahead and buy the salsa verde and regular salsa.) Sometimes I just use rotisserie chicken, or grill up a couple chicken breasts, but today I just put a flank steak with about a cup of salsa verde slathered on it in the crock pot for about 7 hours (and used the leftover juices as the broth in the cheese sauce). Whatever meat you choose, shred it up. Open a can of refried beans and warm it up a little. Add a little water if you need to make it easier to pour/spread. I’ve also just used black beans before. When everything is ready, assemble. Spread a layer of chips, followed by beans, meat, cheese sauce,  and a little shredded cheese, and repeat another time or two. Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes to get it all bubbly and crisp. If you’re like me, cilantro is necessary to this meal. Apply it liberally, and whatever other toppings you like. Sour cream and fresh guacamole are also non-negotiable for me. Eat immediately. Easily one of my top five favorite things to eat/devour.054

Consuming that most delectable meal, with roasted corn on the cob and chili butter on the side (thanks Ribeiras), with great company, while all the babies silently snoozed away, made for a very, very fine rainy Saturday evening. And these bad boys made it even better.   060

Much more to post, but I’m kind of in pain right now, so after I digest.

3 comments:

Lili and Jeff said...

Sooo delicious. I am still feeling it as well. It was exactly what I have been craving for weeks now! Thanks for sharing the fun! Now, how do we get rid of all these extra cookies...

Merinda Reeder said...

Ooooh. I followed your link to where those cookies come from, and they look amazing. That whole blog looks like a great place to cheat on a diet. Mmmmm. Good looking nachos.

Unknown said...

iyiyi . . . looks too good . . . yum.