Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Pink Hat

In the spirit of Easter, I thought I’d share this with you. A while ago, I bought Ruby a cute little Easter hat I found in the Target dollar spot. Knowing my girl and how much she loves clothes, I knew she’d love this new addition to her wardrobe. And she does, but a certain little boy seems to love it more. Bennett can be found wearing this hat at any given moment during the day. He finds it, probably drawn in by its brightness, casually places it on his head, and carries on with his important playing duties. This has been going on for weeks. I always ask each Elise if she has put it on him, but it’s always Bennett who does this all by himself. I can’t blame him. It’s a pretty cool hat, and it fits him perfectly. It always makes me laugh when I see him wearing it unabashedly as he wanders out of the playroom. I’m going to let him continue to enjoy it since it obviously makes him happy. Here are some moments with the famous “at”.

126072017

I’ve pulled out my more masculine hats to play with, which worked temporarily, but they just don’t catch the eye like the pink hat.

190

Alex isn’t completely innocent here. He has been seen wearing it a time or two, and just today he was happily sporting Ruby’s purple sunglasses.

106

010(Then everyone had to have a pair of glasses to play with.)110115

But it’s Bennett who is wearing it 95% of the time. Of course this means nothing about the boyishness of either of my little men. After all, Bennett is usually playing with cars and trucks while donning the hat. But I think I’ll take the advice from my sister when she wrote about a similar circumstance in her home, and get some boy-type dress-ups, before they start demanding to wear Ruby’s tutus.

And don’t worry, Ruby does get to wear her hat on occasion. My girl does appreciate a good fashion accessory. 043038024017

6 comments:

Lili and Jeff said...

Good heavens, he loves that hat. He looks so hilarious in it every time, these pictures make me laugh so hard. I wonder if he has ever seen himself in that hat, perhaps he will get a good laugh out of it as well.

PS, what is Penny's face on the side of that cute picture of Ruby?

Sarah said...

Cute kids! We have the same sunglasses for Lydia - love the dollar spot in Target!

Drew said...

There's a boy who likes pretty things. Maybe he'll be an artist one day? Great pictures.

melody said...

I love it. Can't wait to show Julia!

Carol Joy said...

I totally saw those hats at Target. I love it. They're getting so big! So cute with the hats!!

Cami said...

Well, it suits Ruby MUCH better! I almost bought that hat. HA! Very cute.