Friday, April 08, 2011

Picture Party

It’s time again, for another picture update. Let’s take a look in my past few folders and see what we have.

These boys definitely have a special bond.017032(Anyone need a plumber?)026

034060016018102

We have a feeling these girls will be the best of friends as they grow up. Even if they don’t always live so close to each other. 023043

There was a little mix up when getting dressed one morning. Apparently Ruby thought she was a model at a photo shoot.041043

Ruby insisted (as in, whined loudly until I gave it to her) that she hold this huge ball on our way to the car. 043045

This is what happens when there is more playing than sleeping during nap time.023

Being creative during play time.036

Bennett must’ve been one tired boy. Didn’t even care that he threw all his blankets out. 022

And doesn’t this look comfortable.020

Alex was so tired one day, that he fell asleep during lullabies right before we put him to bed. A rare, and precious occasion.025026027028

A favorite hang out is this tiny window ledge. They all attempt to stand on it now and then, which makes mom a little uneasy.058071

After cleaning out the basement (Hooray for spring cleaning!), we brought up a few things we were getting rid of. The babies were very excited to see their old stuff again. Ruby even insisted I put on her old winter suit, that clearly didn’t fit anymore. 001004006

This happened about a block before we got home. And of course they thought they’d slept enough and wouldn’t take a nap when we got inside. 065

My mom sent my very old Raggedy Ann doll to us. Ruby was completely fascinated, and for a couple days wouldn’t let it out of her sight. 010012023

When it’s nap time, I tell everyone it’s time to go get our blankies, and Alex runs to the door saying, “ beeky, beeky,beeky!” This kid loves his blanket a little too much for my taste, but at least it gets him excited for nap time.074

Orange rolls for us girls during priesthood session. I have to remember that I do still bake now and then.009

Here’s Bennett-thoven creating a musical masterpiece. The piano is becoming a favorite toy lately.045046047048051053

The kids were insanely happy when we let them loose in the back yard one Sunday afternoon. They enjoyed getting into the recycling bin, trying to eat acorns, and almost falling down scary steps. It didn’t last long. 057068

Elise and I tried it another day with the play yard. Still a hassle, but the kids loved it.DSC_1602DSC_1599DSC_1607

Bennett and his Peek-a-Boo obsession.107106

Why the fascination with shoes?113

One of the times Ruby would NOT put down her baby for lunch time. DSC_1620She even fed her some sweet potatoes.DSC_1626

Alex, just cause.014

Bennett, chillin’ with dad before bed time. 003

Another one of Elise’s bright ideas: “ Em, let’s connect the boys with their overalls!” It’s like I’m the only adult around here. That girl keeps me young.041043

Ruby must’ve been going for the smokey eye look when she wacked her face on the window ledge. Elise and I have considered doing the other eye to even things out. 007

Thanks for coming. See you at the next picture party!

12 comments:

Corinne said...

Great party! Hey, those orange rolls look DIVINE. Email me that recipe if you get a chance, will you?

Also, I loved the pic of Ruby in her old winter suit. Ha!

Savannah said...

Whew! That was a fun party :) you are cute. These babies and the happiest babies I have ever seen! I probably said that already, I tend to repeat myself alot on people's blogs. Seriously though, happy babies are happy for a reason and that mostly has to do with you, maybe you can give your husband some credit . . . you amaze me!

Drew said...

So many great photos! I LOVE the second piano one. Totally Schroeder.

Wendy K said...

I just bought that same big purple ball from target last week.

Drew said...

Fun fun fun. Thanks.

Karlene said...

Such great pictures! It looks so fun!!! Tiring, but very fun!!

Lili and Jeff said...

My favorite picture here (though I thoroughly enjoyed them all) is the boy's crack shot! SO FUNNY!!!!!

You certainly can keep those babies busy. I bet wandering free in the backyard was the best day of their life.

Also, I have a sneaking suspicion that the second comment from Drew is really one of our parents suffering from lack-on-signing-out.

More pictures, please!

Sian said...

Your children are seriously adorable x

Matt said...

Thank you for the excellent update.

Cami said...

That was a VERY fun party. Awesome. Stop connecting and cross dressing your childrens. You silly girls.

melody said...

Those pictures of sleeping Alex and KC are priceless.

Amber said...

Oh my heavens!That is so interesting that the boys do the same things only opposite sides! I love Ruby in the ledge and carrying a the big ball. Brady insists on holding balls way too big for him too! Bennett and Brady will have to get together someday and have a jam session! Those babies have turned into ever loving toddlers without me...miss you guys...