Thursday, April 21, 2011

Lots of Googlers.

If you’ve been reading here for a while, you might remember that because of this post (which still gets hits now and then-ha!) I had the rare, yet very pointless, opportunity of being the first non-sponsored entry on a Google search. Well, it has happened once again. I only realized this recently when looking at my blog stats (an interesting new feature blogger has added) and noticed just how many new hits this post has been getting. I can only imagine how many newbies to IVF start googling around for information. Every day my live traffic feed shows many new arrivals from someone googling IVF protcol, something I’m sure I did myself when I was new to the process.

As willing as I am to share these part of my life with cyberspace, after a few months of seeing new arrivals from google everyday, I’m starting to feel a little funny that my blog is so visible to anyone googling this hot topic. Makes me feel a little naked, in the virtual sense. I mean, I never wanted to go private, but I never cared about being so out-there either. I changed the title of the post from IVF Protocol Documentation, to just IVF Documentation to see if I could take the hits down a notch. I don’t think it did much in the way of moving us down the list, but oh well. I can only hope that my experience has been a small source of information to those who needed it, and that those who find my blog are nice, well-meaning, (not scary) people. And hopefully those most-likely infertile visitors look at what is happening presently on this blog for a little hope while they endure their treatments. We’ve certainly come a long way, and I am thankful every single day.

6 comments:

Jonathan and Janessa said...

If you ever did want to change it, did you know you can make it so that your blog is not included in search engine results? That's how I have mine because I didn't want to be private, but I didn't want just anyone to be able to find it either. You just change it in your settings.

Your three adorable kiddos are sure to offer hope to anyone going through IVF though, so as long as you're not too uncomfortable with it, I'd say it's worth it.

Murray Family said...

I've been following your blog since before babies came (I found it through a friends blog, although I truthfully can't remember who's blog that was now..). I hope you don't mind! I promise I'm not a weirdo :). I'm actually going through infertilty right now, and although I don't know that we'll go the IVF route it's been interesting to follow your story. I totally don't blame you if you want to go private, I've actually had my blog private before and have gone back and forth about it. You're welcome to check mine out if you want.

Anyway, I hope you're not uncomfortable with me following. I've loved seeing your sweet miracle babies turn into adorable toddlers! Getting a glimpse into the life of a mom of multiples has be fun.

Well, I thought I'd introduce myself so you at least know where one of the mystery hits is coming from!! That's a good idea about making your blog not available in search engine results. I didn't know you could do that!

Emily

Lachelle said...

I also have been following your blog and you don't know me! My Mom came across it from a friend of my sister's. I like to read about how you handle life with triplets! I can't imagine! I went through infertility as well and did IVF and it was successful! We have twin boys that are 14 months old. If you go private I'll understand I have a blog too and I've thought of doing the same thing many times. I Just wanted to let you know who I was.

asiaelizabeth said...

I'm one of those people and I love your blog! I laughed because were LDS too. Thank you for all the information its what I needed to hear after going through so much already. Lots of love from Germany!

Emily said...

Thanks for that tip Janessa! I might just look into that.

And new friends, thanks for introducing yourselves! I'm more than happy to have friendly visitors. Thanks for reading, and I'm looking forward to reading about you.

Cami said...

Did someone already tell you about . . oh, yeah they did. Yes, I think non-searchable non-private is the best.