Monday, March 12, 2007

By Mom's suggestion..


In light of St Patrick's Day coming up, I made the Irish Stew that mom always made for us. Not that she only made it on this particular occasion (it is delicious year round), but I remember this as the traditional Sunday clostest to St. Patrick's Day dinner, or something. Anyway, maybe that will be our tradition. I always like a food based tradition to help me think of something to make. I always like suggestions. My favorite part is the Irish Soda Bread that is a perfect pair with the stew--sweet enough alone, but good dipped in soup as well. I suppose next week is closer to the actual holiday, but I was in the mood this week. Thanks for the suggestion mom. We will be enoying the leftovers for the next few days.
I think it tasted even better today since the bay leaf has had more time to mellow. If any of you need recipes, I'm happy to share. I guess one of the main attractions to this holiday is green beer, which I had no idea existed until I moved here and heard about all hype and how many cops are on guard that night. Well, while other are getting drunk, we are enjoying stew.

4 comments:

Hannah said...

I would love the recipes! They look delicious!

Corinne said...

yes, do share. i want to try!!

B Jensen said...

Wow Emily! I do envy KC for the great meals he must get. Thanks for the interesting info.

Amber said...

My soda bread never looks so beautiful!