Monday, April 14, 2008

Finally the Easter festivites

So to begin the long saga of the Easter weekend, I'll tell you about how we camped out on the white house lawn to get tickets for the Easter Egg Roll. My friends Tracie and Becky did it last year, so when Becky introduced the idea again, I wasn't afraid because I knew she had already been there. So She, Merinda, and I set off to get the camp set up, while the guys were finishing things up at home and were going to meet us later. Merinda told the story very well here (thanks). We were very grateful for the space blankets I decided to buy last minute. It was such a beautiful night (though slightly chilly) and I just loved looking out our tent door to the huge Washington Monument staring right back at me. We couldn't help but notice the man next to us reading the Ensign, and often being called Bishop. We were in good company. The Easter Egg Roll is pretty much for kids, so KC and I were mainly sleeping over to gather tickets for families who can't very easily campout.

Saturday morning after we woke up, got out tickets and drove out of the city, we girls primped the best we could on 2 hours of sleep and no shower to go to out Relief Society birthday luncheon in which Becky was the first speaker. We were all very tired, but made it home to all have naps. KC and I found out later that night that we were indeed doing musical number in sacrement meeting, so we thought we better practice a little.

Easter Sunday was nice. Sacrament meeting was a program of readings from scriptures about the Savior's death and resurrection, with musical numbers/congregational hymns in between. I am embarrassed to say that I was in every musical number: the primary (Tell me the Stories of Jesus), the choir (Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring), and our duet (Beautiful Savior). I tried to get as much of the message in despite me constantly getting prepared for the next musical number, but the spirit was present all the same. We did some last minute food prep and headed to Cami's for a fabulous feast. We made our way home, found the baskets the bunny had left for us, and ate my favorite Starburst jelly beans. It was a good day.

Monday, the Egg Roll, was pretty crazy. KC decided last minute that work was too crazy to miss, putting me in a but of the tiff the rest of the day. I was graciously given tickets last year, so the only thing keeping the excitement to brave the crowds again, was having him there with me. But work comes over silly children activites, so my camera and I had a great time together. Oh, lots of my friends were there too, so I still had a good time. But I have to say, the camp out was more fun.

So there you have it. Wasn't it worth the wait?

1 comment:

Cami said...

Awesome pics. I'm glad you got some of the food and whatnot. What made KC laugh in that picture?