Thursday, April 10, 2008

Oh Pa-lease!

So we made the appointment for Comcast to come install. I made special arrangements to bring my little babysittees to play at my house while we waited. So that's what we did. And we kept watiting well beyond the between 8-11 when they said they were coming. So I gave up at naptime (and they were getting a little restless in the small space, although behaving very well and entertained) and took them home. I found out they came around 3:40 but neglected to come around to the back at the basement entrance as the note on the door clearly stated, also including a phone number to call if there was confusion. So of course that is somehow my fault and they couldn't come until Friday. Boo. I am annoyed, but trying to make the best of the situation. I haven't taken many pictures, sadly, when I know I won't be blogging. But the ones I have are piling up to do a massive catch up. I know some of you are waiting on pictures that I took, so thanks for the patience. 

We are surely without satellite tv now but we thankfully had it plenty long enough for conference and we were grateful. We are having fun with our rabbit ears, and watching a lot of news. And I can see how people get into the Soaps so much. Not that I know any of the story lines, but it's the only thing on all of the networks between 12-3 or something. Lame. I am enjoying the limitations very much actually. And with the Office starting tonight, I don't think we'll be feeling deprived at all. My friend Jan, the mom of the babysittees, and I were thinking of having an "Office Party" tonight since we've both been counting down the days. It will be a party for sure.

We will return to the world of the blogs, hopefully this weekend (I'm rolling my eyes). Until then.


5 comments:

Woods said...

Oh, sounds so frustrating! I hate waiting on people. I can't wait for you to come back to blogging. I miss your posts. Hope all is well I love you lots.

Matt said...

Those guys are the worst. "Please make sure someone is home between 11am and August." And then they knock ever so lightly as they run back to their truck.

My trick is to make whatever appointment they give me, and then to call once or twice a day, asking if they had anyone in the area that could come sooner. I always get them to come within a few days that way.

Cami said...

Man, I hate those dang 5 hour appointments. Lame. Good luck getting your internet back.

Kristy said...

that is so irritating!!! I wonder if you will get a "sorry" comment from the comcast guy again!! Once I had to come home early from work to meet one of those 3-8 appt. and the dude didn't show up until 10:30. We were asleep when he pounded on our door. I can't remember who it was for, but I know we canceled!

Amber said...

Those dang internet people! I never!