Monday, April 14, 2008

The purge

So, instead of trying to post about everything I'd like to record in full detail, I think it will be easier on you and me if I just make a list.
  • While Cami and Jake were having birthday fun in NYC a couple weekends ago, KC and I baby sat the littles. We had a great day full of wii, living room picnics, and giant chocolate chip cookies, which the kids at more that their weight in.

  • Last Tuesday Jake threw a surprise party for Cami and Bertuccis, and excellent Pizza and pasta place. We got together at the house after where I provided a cake that I actually had a lot of fun making. I bought a few new little tools and wanted to try them out. It was lemon cake with strawberry cheesecake in between with lemon curd between each layer and lemon cream cheese buttercream. Of course there were a few things I'd change, but I'll probably never make it again, so oh well. Here are all the pictures for anyone who wanted copies.
  • We did have a party to watch the Office with Jan and Matt, our neighbors/the family that I babysit for. Boy was that show a doosy. We were tearing up with laughter. We had spur of the moment apple crisp with fresh whipped cream(I accidentally bought a batch of bruised apples that worked beautifully) and Jan had delicious huge strawberry with chocolate to dip.
  • The next night Jan said she was going to a movie, and asked if I'd like to join her. It was a beautiful, humid, 75 degree night, she she took me to her old stomping grounds, Shirlington, VA to see a cute black comedy called Married Life. It was a great cast, and had a different feel. I almost felt like I was on vacation or something with the drastically different weather, new territory and a new movie buddy
  • Since a few days ago, our disposal has been clogged leaving us with a kitchen sink that doesn't drain. This is a very annoying situation. Our dishwasher doesn't work without a disposal either. We are having the plumber come tomorrow so I am happy about that.

There were a few more things that I'd like to write about, but I'll do it in a couple more installments since they require more that just a little note. I'm getting tired and my brain hurts.

2 comments:

Cami said...

Nice job and great pics. I have downloaded them sufficiently. Jefferson now has a new Shelfari avatar.

Amber said...

I want the chocolate chip cookie reciepe it looks great! The cake was fabulous but everything you make is good.