Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Azaleas are in full bloom

I love living so close to the Arboretum. It's wonderful to visit year round, but near the end of April it attracts many visitors from near and far. The Azaleas are a huge attraction, and Molly and I were delighted to walk through the gardens and take advantage of the big event. It is such a breath of fresh air, being in such a beautiful place. And the weather couldn't have been better being in the low 70s and slightly overcast. Here are some pictures we took. Luckily I had camera in my purse. I almost thought I'd left home without one. There are a lot of repeats of Molly and me standing in the same places, but I wanted to include them all so Molly can have them is she wants. The pictures really don't do the colors justice. You'll just have to take my word for it.


Spring is so rejuvenating.

4 comments:

Cami said...

WOW! That is beautiful! Mine haven't bloomed yet. Well, the little ones have started to (the ones that Ethan didn't kill by stepping on them during the winter). Very pretty.

Lili and Jeff said...

Oh you are so lucky to have such beautiful greenery! We are still quite dead over here, even keep getting snow. Booooo. I wish I was there to take my engagement pics!

melody said...

gorgeous! More flower pictures to choose from. Keep them coming!

Amber said...

That is such a beautiful place. I would go there a lot too if I lived so close!