Monday, April 28, 2008

Maybe this is embarrassing

Have you ever looked on a radio station's website? One that you listen to a lot and know all the names of the anchors/DJs, and have a thought in your mind of what they look like? I finally looked into 103.5 WTOP radio's site. It is a news station with "traffic and weather together on the eights." It my sure fire way to know which route to take since I know when the traffic is aired. And the traffic here is something to be weary of. Anyway, I started to listen to it pretty religiously in the car a while back. I like it because it keeps moving, which really helps with my short attention span. I've grown very close to some of my favorite voices, so today I decided to see what they look light. KC was amazed at how many of the names I recognized. Some looked somewhat as I predicted (the stern voiced woman, was bound to have an extremely short/boyish haircut). But I have to admit Bob Marbourg (pictured above), my favorite voice of the bunch, (he is the afternoon traffic guy, and pronounces it "trayfic". Gets me every time.) threw me for a little bit of a loop with his getup. I don't quite understand the hair, and I sort of wish I kept my preconceived notion of what he looked like in my head. Or maybe this will make it even more entertaining to hear the traffic reports every 10 minutes.

KC is also a little weired out that I subconsciously sing most any jingle on any commercial/tv intro (Law and Order is a particularly fun one to sing along with) when the TV is on, even if it doesn't have words. He think it's Rain Man-ish in a way, and I assured him it's just because I watch too much TV. It's the Graham way to pick up on stuff like that.

Another note: We saw Baby Mama tonight. We never stopped laughing. I haven't laughed that much in a long time. My stomach hurt. Perfect all-star cast. I'll see it again very soon.

5 comments:

Cami said...

HA! I sing to the network jingles and stuff. How can you NOT? Tell KC to settle.

I'm glad you liked that movie. I shall see it someday.

Also, yes, what is up with that hair? Jake looks like that before he combs it. What's the deal?

Drew said...

Review noted. I thought it looked pretty funny from the preview. Those SNL ladies can sure be funny (which is interesting, because girls on other comedy shows are usually the unfunny ones).

I'm sorry your mental image of a beloved radio personality was damaged. The same thing happens to me when a celebrity I admire does something shameful or stupid. Alas, people are people!

And yes, it is very US to sing along with random ad jingles and TV theme songs. I can't get enough of The Office's theme song.

melody said...

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! His hair!?

Kristy said...

good to know about baby mama! I am excited to see it! Oh, and that guy looks stuck in the sixtys!!! kinda like the whole brady bunch thing...

Amber said...

That happened to me the first time I saw Dr. Laura's picture. I didn't see that one coming!